coues deer world record

"There was a low, but very rugged mountain to one side, and we decided to hunt around it. After an unsuccessful 2017 early hunt, I decided to devote all of my time off to find the buck’s summer habits. The Club also maintains the universally recognized repository of records and statistics on North American big game animals harvested with a bow and arrow. After an unsuccessful 2017 early hunt, I decided to devote all of my time-off to find the buck’s summer habits. COUES DEER (Non-Typical) Year Taken: 2017. So we must and we will. As I released the arrow, my heart filled with hope and anticipation! PronghornBisonRocky Mountain GoatMusk Ox - Tie, New! Hunter: WESLEY ELY. I began a slanting climb along the slope.

The antlers from this Coues’ deer were originally sold to an antler dealer many years ago. At the close of every biennial recording period, numerical awards and honorable mentions are awarded to the most outstanding bow-harvested animals in each species category entered during this two-year recording period. After an hour hike into the canyon, I was looking at the biggest Coues’ buck I had ever seen. A special panel of judges from the Pope & Young Club recently met to score a massive non-typical Coues deer tagged by a bowhunter in Arizona. Congratulations to Wes.". So we must and we will. In fact, the Coues’ range is not known to touch that of larger whitetails. Congratulations ! The deer was shot in August 2017 in velvet and stripped prior to the official measurement. We know this: when he walked up on the animal the hunter must have been in awe of his tremendous trophy, the largest Coues' deer ever taken. Powered by DRCMedia LLC, www.pope-org/young.convention/default.asp. For rifle hunters, the most common book is the Boone and Crockett recordbook. I began a slanting climb along the slope. After an hour hike into the canyon, I was looking at the biggest Coues buck I had ever seen. The buck, taken by Ed Stockwell of Pima County, Arizona, carried very heavy antlers that are not typically found on Coues' deer (Odocoileus virginianus couesi). This is an official Pope & Young Club World Record of the 31st Recording Period and the second using a Special Panel of Judges. Bighorn SheepDesert SheepDall's SheepStone's Sheep, "The wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. Wesley Ely with his world record Coues buck. © 2020 Grand View Outdoors All Rights Reserved 16 days before opening day, I began to pattern this elusive animal. Wesley’s Coues’ deer will be on display at the 31st Biennial Convention in Omaha, Nebraska April 10th – 13th, 2019. ", Position Statement on Big Game Records and Hunting, North American Model of Wildlife Conservation. 13 of the most bizarre deer mounts you’ve ever seen! Tagged 130-140", 34A, archery, December, hunt stories in Arizona’s Unit 34A. Will This Coues Deer Break the Pope & Young World Record? After another scoring session the buck was recorded at 144-1/8 points and determined to be the the new world's record Coues' deer. This is an official Pope and Young Club World Record of the 31st Recording Period and the second using a Special Panel of Judges. By getting most of its water from cactus, the Coues' deer has adapted to dry country where most whitetails are incapable of surviving. “It all began on a summer scouting trip in 2013 when I noticed a young buck with massive antlers,” stated Wesley. Just as I was giving him up, he moved from behind a large oak tree and started down the slope, giving me a clear shot. |, Best Airgun Rifles for Hunting Urban Predators, How to Choose Between Night Vision Or Thermal Optics, New World Record Coues Deer (Non-Typical). At the 1955 Boone and Crockett Awards Competition, held at the Museum of Natural History in New York City, judges were shocked when they measured a Coues' whitetail deer that was unlike any they'd ever seen. In the mid-1980s I got rejected a couple of times. I sat silently for a few minutes; admiring this intelligent animal and reflecting on what a humbling challenge it had been to take such an incredible buck.”, “It was a pleasure to be part of the special process of recognizing a Pope and Young Club World Record,” said Ed Fanchin, Records Chair for the Pope & Young Club. The 11x15-point rack sports a 152-3/8 typical frame and an incredible 43-7/8 inches of non-typical growth. There were lots of big rocks and impassable bluffs. Wesley's Coues deer will be on display at the 31st Biennial Convention in Omaha, Nebraska, April 10-13, 2019. The antler mass on Ed Stockwell's Coues' whitetail deer sets it apart from any other Coues' buck ever taken. The Club also maintains the universally recognized repository of records and statistics on North American big game animals harvested with a bow and arrow. New Mexico record Coues whitetail deer, taken by Victor P. Giacoletti, Jr. in Grant County, 1981. After another scoring session the buck was recorded at 144-1/8 points and determined to be the the new world's record Coues' deer. The antlers score a whopping 196 … There are numerous recordbooks that accumulate records on Coues Whitetail.

"There was a low, but very rugged mountain to one side, and we decided to hunt around it. “In 1958, after hunting all morning in the Santa Rita Mountains of southern Arizona, my partner and I were heading back to camp," Stockwell said. We know this: when he walked up on the animal the hunter must have been in awe of his tremendous trophy, the largest Coues' deer ever taken. The biggest typical whitetail ever to walk the earth. Yet, according to a P&Y press release, it’s expected that Edwards’s buck will shatter the existing nontypical Coues deer World Record by over 14 inches.

I watched the buck through my binoculars for four hours that morning and waited until he bedded down for the day. Wesley’s Coues’ deer will be on display at the 31st Biennial Convention in Omaha, Nebraska April 10th – 13th, 2019. This is an official Pope and Young Club World Record of the 31st Recording Period and the second using a Special Panel of Judges. Wesley’s Coues’ deer will be on display at the 31st Biennial Convention in Omaha, Nebraska April 10th – 13th, 2019. By getting most of its water from cactus, the Coues' deer has adapted to dry country where most whitetails are incapable of surviving. In a stalk that seemed like an eternity, I crept and crawled closer to this small-bodied giant. There were lots of big rocks and impassable bluffs.

The final score by the panel of 139 2/8 ties the existing P&Y World’s Record for non-typical Coues’ deer (right), which was arrowed in 2015 in Arizona by Terry Edwards. Sixteen days before opening day, I began to pattern this elusive animal. 16 days before opening day, I began to pattern this elusive animal. But Stockwell's buck scored 143 points and was was so massive it raised doubts. At the 1955 Boone and Crockett Awards Competition, held at the Museum of Natural History in New York City, judges were shocked when they measured a Coues' whitetail deer that was unlike any they'd ever seen. As I released the arrow, my heart filled with hope and anticipation!

“I continued to scout and occasionally hunt the area while the buck kept getting bigger each year. For … Congratulations to Wes.”. When I discovered the Coues buck I had been hunting for four years lying motionless, I was in complete awe. And what does this say about all of our attempts to manipulate genetics with all our supplemental feeding, minerals, culling…, Your email address will not be published.

Wesley’s Coues’ deer will be on display at the 31st Biennial Convention in Omaha, Nebraska April 10th – 13th, 2019. Thankfully, it was quickly verified as coming from a Coues' whitetail. “I continued to scout and occasionally hunt the area while the buck kept getting bigger each year. This incredible animal is a testament to sound wildlife management across North America. On May 19th, at a Cabela’s in Phoenix Arizona, Marvin Zieser, Corky Richardson, Roy Grace and Ed Fanchin convened a P&Y Special Panel of Judges to measure a non-typical Coues deer taken by Wesley Ely of Wilcox, Arizona.

entries of the Boone & Crockett Club’s record book. “It all began on a summer scouting trip in 2013 when I noticed a young buck with massive antlers,” stated Wesley. In a stalk that seemed like an eternity, I crept and crawled closer to this small-bodied giant. Your email address will not be published. Shaking with excitement, I watched through binoculars as the buck, with a complete pass through, slowly disappeared over the hill. The final score by the panel of 139 2/8 ties the existing P&Y World’s Record for non-typical Coues’ deer (right), which was arrowed in 2015 in Arizona by Terry Edwards. Here's how he got the buck.

I watched the buck through my binoculars for four hours that morning and waited until he bedded down for the day. Coues deer world record after the Pope & Young Club made it official in .

Roosevelt's ElkTule Elk, Mule Deer - TypicalMule Deer - Non-typicalColumbia Blacktail Deer - TypicalColumbia Blacktail Deer - Non-typicalSitka Blacktail Deer - TypicalSitka Blacktail Deer - Non-typical, Whitetail Deer - TypicalWhitetail Deer - Non-TypicalCoues' Whitetail Deer - TypicalCoues' Whitetail Deer - Non-typical, Canada MooseAlaska-Yukon MooseShiras' Moose, Mountain CaribouWoodland CaribouBarren Ground CaribouCentral Canada Barren Ground CaribouQuebec-Labrador Caribou, PronghornBisonRocky Mountain GoatMusk Ox - Tie, New!

Mm2 Codes May 2020, Oso Panda 3d Google, Police Response For Cra Meaning, Georges Niang Parents, Spbo Bet Live Score, Integrated Fridge Door Not Closing Properly, Silent Spring Ap Lang Essay, Berkley Silverman Age, Stardew Valley Artifact Spot Locations, Porfa (remix) Lyrics, Zip Code Generator, Campervan Conversion Kits, Tom Seaver Stats, Hannah Pickled Pig Feet Near Me, Real Life Brandon Taylor Pdf, Does Chelsea Bain Have A Relationship With Her Father, Mike Gallagher Beliefs, Autozone Commercial Account Application, Msi Meg X570 Ace Wifi Not Working, Tropical Island Names Animal Crossing, Organizational Life Cycle Of Apple, 1963 Oldsmobile 98, Funny Nicknames For Kathy, All Creatures Of Our God And King Ukulele Chords, Fútbol Peruano En Vivo Por Internet, Funimation Sorry This Video Is For Premium Subscribers Only, Viveros De Plantas Cerca De Mi, Cry Kid Meme, What Is Jaedong Doing Now, Susanne Lothar Cause Of Death, Definition Essay About A Term Related To Organ Sales Or Donations, Doordash Waitlist 2020, Zeta Phi Beta Burial Ritual, Best Face Mask Pattern, Pomsky Breeders New England, Inhibition Defense Mechanism, Brothers Conflict Who Does Ema Marry, Bot Discord Koya, Paige Turco Full House, Lowell, Ma Police Log 2020, End Of Roll Carpet Sydney, Franconia Sculpture Park Wedding, Blue Sunday Strain, Avocado Shaped Body, Jon Anik Wife, Sangrand 2020 Hindu Calendar, Katie Brennan Bio, Allure Editor In Chief Salary, Tao Yuanming Chrysanthemum, Laverna Roman Goddess, Pourquoi La Lune Ne S'éloigne Pas De La Terre, Dena Kaye Is She Married, Annabeth And Frederick Fanfiction Lemon, Matt Martin Wedding, Reconstruction Political Cartoon Worksheet Answers, Histoire Des Prophète Pdf, Is Eminem Colorblind, Timothy Omundson Net Worth, Stanhope Chapter 1 Quizlet,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *