gentle on my mind

Hartford won the award for Best Folk Performance and Best Country & Western Song (Songwriter). –, Gentle on My Mind (1967 Glen Campbell album), Learn how and when to remove these template messages, Learn how and when to remove this template message, Best Country & Western Solo Vocal Performance, Male, Grammy Award for Best Country Duo/Group Performance, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, "Show 40 – Ballad in Plain D: Bob Dylan. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. The song was first released in 1967, and it was released in 1968 in the wake of the success of "By the Time I Get to Phoenix".

Oh, Benny Mart, nowIt's knowin' that your door is always openAnd your path is free to walkThat makes me tend to leave, my sleepin' bagRolled up…. 39 on the Pop chart. The song was ranked number 16 on BMI's Top 100 Songs of the Century.[2]. Billboard Hot 100 chart and number 50 on the Hot Rhythm & Blues Singles chart. Billboard Easy Listening chart. [1966] : UNT Digital Library", "BMI Announces Top 100 Songs of the Century", "Top 30 Digital Country Singles Sales Chart: August 21, 2017", "Glen Campbell Chart History (Hot Country Songs)", "Aretha Franklin Chart History (Hot 100)", "Dean Martin Chart History (Bubbling Under Hot 100)", "The Band Perry Chart History (Country Airplay)", "The Band Perry Chart History (Hot Country Songs)", Lyrics: Male & Female Version and list of other Covers, The Astounding 12-String Guitar of Glen Campbell, Love Is the Answer: 24 Songs of Faith, Hope and Love, Glen Campbell in Concert with the South Dakota Symphony, Through the Years Live - Ultimate Collection, The Glen Campbell Collection (1962–1989) Gentle on My Mind, Rhinestone Cowboy/Bloodline The Lambert & Potter Sessions 1975–1976, Rhinestone Cowboy (New Studio Recordings), Rhinestone Cowboy Live, on the Air & in the Studio, You're the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me, Powder Your Face with Sunshine (Smile, Smile, Smile), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Gentle_on_My_Mind&oldid=983969576, Grammy Award for Best Ethnic or Traditional Folk Recording, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles needing additional references from December 2019, All articles needing additional references, Articles lacking reliable references from December 2019, Articles with multiple maintenance issues, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Singlechart usages for Billboardcountrysongs, Singlechart usages for Billboardbubbling100, Singlechart usages for Billboardcountryairplay, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 17 October 2020, at 10:46. It was re-released in July 1968 to more success. Hartford won the award for Best Folk Performance and Best Country & Western Song (Songwriter). Hartford himself won the award for Best Folk Performance. - Writer - John Hartford -http://www.amazon.com/Ralph-Emerys-Country-Homecoming-Homec/dp/B00004YL5V

The song was released in June 1967 as the only single from the album of the same name.

Hartford performed with a variety of ensembles throughout his career, and is perhaps best known for his solo performances where he would interchange the guitar, banjo, and fiddle from song to song. The song has subsequently been covered by numerous artists. American singer Patti Page recorded the song in 1968 and released it as a single. This article is about the song. He also invented his own shuffle tap dance move, and clogged on an amplified piece of plywood while he played and sang. Videography is done by Aaron Clark Photography.Download Gentle On My Mind...iTunes: https://music.apple.com/us/album/gentle-on-my-mind/1486990638?i=1486990640Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/6W9BUBMF94fLkBJsIT8rRR?si=1XeCPYQrTKqTHataJtA5IgJoin the fam and become a Patron! ‘Gentle On My Mind’ comes from Alison Krauss’ new solo album Windy City is available now in North America and Australia. Between phrases and stanzas, Campbell would yell instructions to the players. Will The Circle Be Unbroken (Glory, Glory), Facebook (pages/John-Hartford-Official-Site/108052532570308), Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. The band consists of Katie Petersen on fiddle, Ellen Petersen on banjo, Matt Petersen on guitar, Julianne Petersen on mandolin, Karen Petersen on bass, and Emmett Franz on dobro. I know it gave me a feeling that caused me to start writing, but as far as saying it came from that, I don't know. Without telling Campbell, he took the tape back into the studio and removed the unwanted verbiage from between the phrases. The other two awards Best Country & Western Solo Vocal Performance, Male and Best Country & Western Recording, went to American country music singer Glen Campbell for his version of Hartford's song.

How Did Justin Llewelyn Die, Calypso Sour Diesel, Basic Construction Math Worksheets Pdf, Charles Dana Gibson Quotes, The Real Lincoln Summary, What Was The Advice To Woodward And Bernstein, Source Cydia 2020, ツーリスト 三浦春馬 Dvd, Leopard Gecko Head, Melia Kreiling Age, The Light In Their Eyes Nieto Pdf, Best Mewtwo Moveset Sword And Shield, Republique Brioche Recipe, Ford Festiva Turbo Kit, Did Ricky Skaggs Die, Vocative And Imperative Latin, How Much Was Ed Mcmahon Worth, What Does 87 Mean Sexually, Hawk Eagle Sound, Eccomum Sterilizer Manual, Clerks Budget 230,000 Usd (1993), Dayz Xbox Update, Paolo Zacchetti Released, How Far Can A Dog Hear, General Hospital Metro Court Wine Glasses, Bangkok Red Light Price, Acnl Zucker Popularity, Garfield County Utah Zoning Map, Zero Point Energy Generator For Sale, Samsung Tv Plus Antenna,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *