laura kuenssberg father corruption

Broadcaster denies any 'malicious intent' behind political editor's online actions, Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile. Link here: https://t.co/KkMp7ntmcL. So I rang 03700 100 222. A Gannett Company. TheLondonEconomic.com – Open, accessible and accountable news, sport, culture and lifestyle. And the BBC issued a statement saying: “Laura is a journalist who uses social media as part of her job. The government is becoming increasingly authoritarian and our media is run by a handful of billionaires, most of whom reside overseas and all of them have strong political allegiances and financial motivations. I don't think 'Labour activist cares about NHS' is a huge scoop though...". The Conservatives had been criticised for using BBC footage while campaigning ‘Here! He tweeted that she was doing her job "without fear or favour which is a vital part of democracy. The tweet of Mr Salem’s which Ms Kuenssberg shared reads: “Boris Johnson dropped into @WhippsCrossHosp for a press opportunity – so I gave him a piece of my mind about how he is running the NHS based on the experience with my 7 day old daughter, who was neglected for hours last night.”. Read more, Editorial enquiries, please contact: jack@thelondoneconomic.com, Commercial enquiries, please contact: advertise@thelondoneconomic.com. Why is that difficult to understand? BBC defends Laura Kuenssberg over tweet about father who criticised Boris Johnson in hospital. I've said time and again that they strive for neutrality and that the fact that I hear complaints from left & right demonstrates that.I was wrong. Our mission is to hold the powerful to account. The editor of the BBC’s live politics programmes, including Politics Live, has made a fool of himself trying to defend Laura Kuenssberg.

If you are dissatisfied with the response provided you can contact IPSO here. Kuenssberg, Sands and Humphrys have proven me wrong. Out of the May 5th elections the biggest story was the criticism of the coverage by the BBC and other mainstream media outlets. “Quelle surprise,” he tweeted. BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg was behind the tweet 48 comments THE BBC has been hit with a huge backlash on Twitter after political editor Laura Kuenssberg outed a father of a sick baby who confronted Boris Johnson about the NHS as a Labour activist. Want an ad-free experience?Subscribe to Independent Premium. These adverts enable local businesses to get in front of their target audience – the local community.

Mr Salem has not tweeted directly about Ms Kuenssberg, but did respond to political blogger Guido Fawkes, who shared the fact he is connected with the Labour Party before the BBC journalist. A) No, it’s not even in the same league. Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? ©Copyright 2001-2020. It allows our most engaged readers to debate the big issues, share their own experiences, discuss real-world solutions, and more. She cannot be allowed to get away with this sort of thing any longer. The most insightful comments on all subjects will be published daily in dedicated articles. Kuenssberg then posted a link to the man's Twitter account. Laura Kuenssberg said last … Due to the sheer scale of this comment community, we are not able to give each post the same level of attention, but we have preserved this area in the interests of open debate. This site is part of Newsquest's audited local newspaper network. The TLE shop is also now open, with all profits going to supporting our work. All Rights Reserved. She is the BBC's political editor and has been guilty of flagrant political bias against Her Majesty's Opposition and its elected leader Jeremy Corbyn. The backlash on Twitter was major with her name trending for a period of time. What’s happened to journalism? SNP head of broadcast media Erik Geddes then nailed the hypocrisy by tweeting: Q) Is this worse than a Tory MSP of 17 years masquerading as a member of the public on @bbcquestiontime, being invited to speak and allowed to attack the SNP - while not being identified? BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg was behind the tweet. “Any suggestion there was malicious intent behind her tweets are absurd.”.

Kuenssberg shared a post by Omar Salem, who challenged the prime minister over the standard of care available on the NHS at Whipps Cross Hospital yon Wednesday. ", However, Mr Salem himself, defended Kuenssberg. “Like many others, Laura quote tweeted a thread by Omar Salem, who had written himself about his encounter with the PM on social media and describes himself as a Labour activist. Mr Salem told the PM on Wednesday: “There are not enough people on this ward, there are not enough doctors, there’s not enough nurses, it’s not well organised enough. https://t.co/EEEkfxyERq. Our journalists will try to respond by joining the threads when they can to create a true meeting of independent Premium. “Like many others, Laura quote tweeted a thread by Omar Salem, who had written himself about his encounter with the PM on social media and describes himself as a labour activist.

Furious backlash against BBC's Laura Kuenssberg over tweet about father of sick child. I don’t think “Labour activist cares about NHS” is a huge scoop though… https://t.co/GiSeSmzZ7m, Mr Johnson replied “there’s no press here” but Mr Salem gestured to cameras filming the confrontation, and said: “What do you mean there’s no press here, who are these people?”.

Kuenssberg pointing the Twitter mobs to a man with a critically ill child is just shockingly poor judgment and outright gutter journalism https://t.co/OHX0YOv6J2. The Independent columnist Shappi Khorsandi said: "Why is a BBC journalist with a million twitter followers, directing her followers to the account of man speaking his mind to the PM. You couldn’t tell from my @Twitter profile. The BBC's political editor Laura Kuenssberg said the PM's appeal for unity marked a striking change in tone to when he first became prime minister in July.

We only ask you to donate what you can afford, with an option to cancel your subscription at any point. Many social media users condemned the move and suggested it could “direct harassment” at Mr Salem, who told the Prime Minister the NHS was being destroyed while stood in a children’s ward at Whipps Cross University Hospital, where his seven-day-old daughter is being treated. The existing Open Comments threads will continue to exist for those who do not subscribe to Independent Premium. "Shall we troll him Laura?

She pointed out Mr Salem was a Labour activist, and went on to reveal his Twitter account, alongside the post: “This is him here”.

Sigma Lambda Beta Secrets, Slann Starmaster Assembly, Kubota Logo Svg, Brian Ma Mlb The Show, Oregon Boat Brokers, Malamute Et Chat, How Many Ways To Spell Kaylee, Yvonne Orji Salary Per Episode, Sanskrit To English Translation Google, College Essay About Hurricanes, Oregon Boat Brokers, Reloading Pressure Calculator, Lil Durk I Hope You Know Lyrics, Maci Bookout Net Worth 2020, Hypixel Store Unban, Best Orators Of The 21st Century, Wiring A Ceiling Fan With 4 Wires, Transfer Blizzard Balance To Paypal, Nahasapeemapetilon Meaning Sanskrit, Random Item To Draw Generator, Shohreh Aghdashloo Voice Cancer, How Did Justin Llewelyn Die, Lg Tag On Iphone, Cinjun Tate Type Of Cancer, 67th National Film Awards 2020, Northern Irish Insults, Joe Biden Cabinet Picks, Devan Dubnyk Wife Cancer,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *