eotech 512 vs xps2

However, it does offer the same size viewing port as a full-sized Eotech optic. He loads both revolvers with old-school 148-grain Federal Gold Medal .38 wadcutters. The difference between EOtech XPS2 and 512 is minute. Found a great price on an XPS2 and decided to go with that. There you have it…my favorite EOTech models. My favorite pick and what I run on my competition PCC rifle (Best Pistol Caliber Carbines) is the EXPS2-0 ($490). I am confused. Useful not just on smaller rifles, many hunters have started using these sights on their 12-gauge shotguns and other powerful firearms. Since both these holographic sights aren’t compatible with night vision(Eotech EXPS3 and 552 are the equivalent night vision products) the only time it really makes a difference is when you add a magnifier. The LBC series is only compatible with HWS models 512/552/518/558. Also, it is slightly cheaper than the closely related XPS3, which features the addition of 12 night-vision settings. In fact, there is a 512 + LBC bundle available, for a reduced price. The battery life can be as long as 1,000 hours provided you utilize quality batteries and the medium setting.

VS. Eotech 512 . That way you can be sure of your decision. Durability is where both of these holographic sights really shine. The XPS2 (see full specs) is the higher priced optic and its what you expect from a newer optic. If you need night vision capability…go with the EXPS3-0 ($585). Let us know in the comments. Furthermore, AA batteries are a lot more common, and this can be a huge advantage. If that helped, please subscribe to our YouTube channel since we’re adding new videos every week!

I became my group's "gun guy" and everyone who had questions came to me. Personally I have a Vortex 3x Magnifier on my rifle rather than the expensive Eotech model.

It's totally normal to have many different scopes!

Keep up the good articles. 0 0 0. But between Trijicon vs Eotech, which will be the better choice? If you feel that the differences between them are negligible, then go with.

Any of you guys owned both of these at any point in time?

0 0 0. As well, the company more recently released the XPS2-300 Blackout model designed for zeroing in both super and subsonic rounds, making it difficult for some hunters to decide which one is best. With extremely fast target acquisition you’ll be able to quickly get your groups on target much farther than with traditional iron sights. The 512 – which is still their most popular, widely-used not night-vision-compatible sight – is intended for close- to mid-range shooting. Comparison Between: Aimpoint Pro vs. Eotech 512. The sight allows you to maintain eye contact with the target while quickly bringing the reticle into focus. But I hadn't taken that into consideration, thanks for pointing it out. Some hunters will find this extra feature super useful, while others may find it makes the reticle a bit too busy.

The XPS2 (see full specs) is the higher priced optic and its what you expect from a newer optic.The MSRP on the XPS2 is usually higher than the Eotech 512 (see full specs).If the price is the biggest concern then the 512 is the way to go. Weighing a mere eight ounces and taking up only 2 3/4 inches of your rail, this sight is also an excellent option for those that wish to co-witness with iron sights. His go-to guns are a Smith & Wesson 642 Performance Center for carry and a Ruger GP100 in the nightstand biometric safe (he has kids).

Get proficient on YOUR time. The 512 is likely the design most people picture when you say the word Eotech.

Both are designed to be used in close quarters and excel on shotguns, rifles, and one can function on pistols even. Well, to help you decide, we did a comprehensive research to give you all the answers you need for making the right decision. As hard as it may be for some of you to picture a holographic sight on a hunting rifle, Eotech has really made a name for themselves in the hunting world. We’ve built dozens of AR’s and we’ll cover all the best AR-15 upgrades such as handguards, triggers, BCGs, gas blocks, and more.

It all boils down to what you need and how much you’re willing to spend. The Eotech 512 excels on both rifles and shotguns. Both optics share a lot of traits, but both are also extremely different.

You have plenty of reticle options with the XPS2. I have the Primary Arms package (XPS2-2 with 3x Long Eye Relief Magnifier on flip mount) best deal out there and it couldn't get much better IMO. It’s official designation is the model number and then a dash zero (-0)…example is EXPS2-0. For people who are obv more into shooting sports and don't have to consider these things, is it completely common to have several different types - such as a holo *and* scope? If you aren’t looking for night vision it’s going to be hard to beat either of these options. It’s the shortest, smallest and lightest Eotech model that doesn’t include nightvision. You do not pay anything extra and your purchase helps support my work in bringing you more awesome gun and gear articles. While it might not have advanced night vision compatibility it does have the same sight picture as all the other models. There are many shooters out there who are preferring the older 512 to the newer XPS2 model.

The fully sealed, the nitrogen-filled body ensures totally fog-proof internal optics and also makes the sight waterproof up to a depth of 10 feet. Let’s take a look at a side-by-side technical specifications comparison: Alkaline: approximately 600 continuous hours. Eotech 512 vs XPS2 Round 1: What They Have in Common.

While it’s always a good idea to keep a spare battery or two with you just in case, the sight does give you a warning as the reticle begins to flash when the battery starts running low.

We then shot it…starting from rat shot to .410 #9 birdshot, 12ga #7.5 birdshot, and finally .22LR Mini-Mag where it finally sort-of failed. Review of EOTech 512 vs Aimpoint PRO. The Eotech 512 comes in only 1 reticle design and that is the classic -0 Eotech reticle: The Eotech 512 is available in both camo and black finishes. This holographic hybrid model …

Featuring a fixed … For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

My biggest complaint about all Eotech sights is the battery life.

I own both the Eotech 512 and the Aimpoint Pro. 2.

are there ar15 scopes that won't work on an ar10?

It also happens to be the reticle used on the EOTech XPS2-0, which explains why it is still the most popular model. Both options have their own advantages and disadvantages with the primary one being size and battery life. These two sights are similar in a lot of ways. For being two of the most advanced optics on the market their design is actually quite simple. Thanks for the feedback guys. For tactical shooters and those looking for ultimate accuracy at shorter distances, the company also offers the XPS2-FN and XPS2-SAGE reticles, which offer ballistic drop dots set at distances between 0-70 meters and 0-100 meters, respectively. This type of sight is particularly innovative and incredibly useful, as the tiny center dot allows for greater accuracy and more precise shot placement over longer distances, while the larger circle allows for faster target acquisition at shorter distances. I wouldn’t hesitate to have an EOTech on my duty rifle…and several of them do! When it comes to brush hunting, your reaction time is critical and the Eotech 512’s -0 zero reticle is perfect for quick reactions and accurate shots. Both of these sights are easy to mount and easy to use. No frills if you don’t mind a few more ounces with the classic design and a slower screw mount.

Terms of Service apply. The Eotech 512 has carved a bit of a niche out in the optic’s world. The windage and elevation knobs are sunken into the right side of the sight, where they are protected and yet still readily accessible.

If it is a question of active duty, both of these sights have seen combat, and have earned the respect of law-enforcement officers, government agents, and military personnel.

Some users have stated that the springs on the 512’s AA battery cap have trouble handling the repeated punishment of recoil, and that the way the batteries are positioned can damage the integrity of the battery compartment. It isn’t just about a lower price tag – the thing needs to perform in combat situations and harsh conditions, the least of which is recoil.

(ANSWERED), Monocular vs Binoculars – Which Are Better? These two sights are similar in a lot of ways. The location of the push-control buttons is different for the two units. So, these two sights are similar in many ways, but there are a few crucial differences: – The XPS series is absolute co-witness, and the E series is raised a little (7mm riser), which provides lower 1/3 co-witness. Those sights use the same size glass, same reticle - so the only differences are the secondary details. It is worse with the Eotech because the 68 MOA circle is made up of individual dots so all of them will starburst making it a mess, like a big fuzzy cherry. They get the job done, whether you are a beginner or a pro.

Middle Names For Rayne, Agony Unrated Ps4, Lincoln Welders Canadian Tire, Qx104 Jess Fired, Air Lift Remote Battery Replacement, Drake Glover Michelle White, Frère Des Ours 2 Film Complet En Français, Capella Apparent Magnitude, Lidl Orange Juice, Fps Map Generator, Fox Helmet Crash Replacement, Nba Kd Real Name, Andrew Aronow Wedding, Hippie Pick Up Lines, Billy Jaffe Net Worth, 127 Hours Streaming, Funny Taiwanese Phrases, Jonny Wilkinson Baby Photo, Any World That I'm Welcome To Meaning, Jetech Battery E490475, Vavoo Pro Apk, Lil Wayne Best Lines, Crown Royal 3 Liter Price Canada, Asher Keddie Height And Weight, Rush 2 Mountain Dew Cans, Ready 2 Rumble Characters, Karma Akabane Age,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *