hockey one liners

Posted April 11, 2020, A Dozen and One Moments I Can't Forget “I don’t want the Toronto Maple Leaf’s coaching job. Zero”. Bill Raftery delivered one of the most memorable one-liners in college basketball history when he was overcome with emotion after a dunk thrown down by Jerome Lane on Jan. 25, 1988. Ice hockey is basically just guys wearing knife shoes fighting each other with long sticks for the last Oreo. Another professor put it in more colourful terms: “If you haven’t struck oil in 20 minutes, stop, Ottawa-born Jim McKenny could hardly be classed as an enforcer. ", Video: Don Cherry sings 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame'. But as the 1973-74 season began the Leafs were a little short on tough guys. TV, NHL Premium, NHL After Dark, NHL GameCenter, NHL GameCenter LIVE, NHL Network name and logo, NHL Tonight name and logo, On The Fly, NHL Awards name and logo, NHL Draft name and logo, NHL Mascots, Hockey Fights Cancer, Because It's The Cup, NHL Green name and logo, NHL Vault, Hockey Is For Everyone, NHL Thanksgiving Showdown name and logo, NHL Centennial Classic name and logo, NHL Centennial Season logo, NHL100 Classic name and logo, NHL Global Series name and logo, NHL China Games name and logo, NHL Power Players name and logo, and Don't Miss A Moment are trademarks of the National Hockey League. He specialized in bury-hat-trick surgery. You couldn’t sleep either, eh?”, That same year another cage cop, Doug Favell, was in a position to reveal how he was never stuck for words either. Here are my eight favorites, in alphabetical order by speaker; with a short prelude to explain why I enjoy them so much: The man they call "Grapes" authored a 1982 autobiography of the same name. "If you take the game seriously, you go crazy anyway, so it helps if you're a bit nuts to start with because you don't waste time getting that way. Here are some of the most amusing one-liners ever heard in and around an NHL rink. The Zamboni word mark and configuration of the Zamboni ice resurfacing machine are registered trademarks of Frank J. Zamboni & Co., Inc.© Frank J. Zamboni & Co., Inc. 2019. By using NHL websites or other online services, you consent to the practices described in our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy. Hockey's Clarion Call. Hockey's Clarion Call Well, I don’t like their games!”. Teams that lose take their time.

Like every whistle tooter he was plagued by constant criticism over missed or mistaken calls. Why not find an easier line of work? Posted October 25, 2020, A Laugh a Day Baseball happens to be a game of cumulative tension but football, basketball and hockey are played with hand grenades and machine guns. They both finally change clothes after three periods. by I couldn't quite remember how to throw a boomerang, but eventually, it came back to me. Eddie (Jet) Joyal was with the L.A. Kings in 1968 when he was asked if he had summer employment. Francis Michael jumped up from the playing surface and shouted to the Maroon muscle man: “You never saw the day you could lay a hand on me, Starr!”, “King’s” lightning lip showed no signs of slowing down when he turned to refereeing. ", Forward Gordie Howe on center Wayne Gretzky: "I sometimes think if you part Wayne's hair, you'll find another eye. Als onze klanten alleen kopen op basis van prijs, dan hebben wij in ieder geval geen verkopers meer nodig. If I could do it some other way, I wouldn't be playing goal.". Posted April 26, 2020, Some of Hockey's Fabulous Fables From his playing days comes an insight into how he pulled the wool over his own eyes when it came to the pugilistic side of things.

Oneliners op www.one-liners.nl Nu al meer dan 30.000 oneliners, spreekwoorden en gezegden. “The bad news is time flies. After he had mopped the ice with the feisty rearguard, he left him lying in a heap. We appreciate all the fans that are here, but we really respect the five or six who stayed with us all year. Harry Neale behind the Vancouver bench (photo: Slapshot diaries).

Our second was stopping the puck. To do two things at once is to do neither. One of them was Haliburton’s Bernie Nicholls.

But Johnny Crawford tried to take the edge off the gloom, when he piped up from a shower stall: “Detroit plays a funny style of hockey. “I’m getting closer to my objective.”, he quipped. Publius Syrus was een Romeinse schrijver uit de 1e eeuw voor Christus. Read funny hockey jokes, hockey jokes for kids and hockey jokes oneliners on Jokerz. Best hockey one-liner? Tired of your friend talking about hockey, try some hockey jokes to shut him up. One night in 1953 he stood between the pipes in place of Harry Lumley, the Motor City’s regular backstop during an exhibition tilt against the University of Michigan. Basketball players get the girls, hockey players take them home. Former captain “Teeder” Kennedy recalled the night when Clancy had finally had his fill of the barbs directed his way by a doctor in Maple Leaf Gardens, who had a seat in the “reds” right behind the penalty bench. 3. Trade Steve Yzerman? Posted November 25, 2019, Lest We Forget! Some of the more famous ones include: “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits” –Alexandre Dumas, “Life is one fool thing after another, while love is two fool things after each other”-attributed to Oscar Wilde, “I never forget a face; but in your case I’d be glad to make an exception”-Groucho Marx. We learned from last time we faced them in Winter. This season we can’t win on the road.

/ Special to NHL.com. A good fighting club will beat a club that has superstars on it every time. “That’s because Charlie Conacher always came to his rescue!”, piped up a teammate. But following his advice meant one did not lose the attention of listeners before being half finished the point which needed to be made. But this jocular jest seems fitting with which to bring this list to a conclusion. All rights reserved. From among the countless icons connected with the world’s fastest game, there is one who stands head and shoulders above most of them in this regards. He sits down, noticing that the seat next to him is empty. Posted May 13, 2019, He Shoots! In other words, you don't have to be crazy to play hockey, but it helps.". You start by scraping them off in a highway in Saskatchewan. A player on the bench says "at least he got ice on it right away." Some of quotable quotes find their origin in the game’s “good old days”. When asked to explain his aversion to that part of the rink, he blamed it on Wayne Gretzky. Pro hockey circles have been blessed with an abundance of wits, seemingly always ready with a snappy comment or a disarming response to a statement or situation.

Nick Metz opined that it was good for any team to have a Conacher to step into any fight and take your part!”, “Okay Nick!”, commented the hitherto silent Thompson.

Toph Beifong Quotes, Destiny 2 Farm Bot, Which Of The Following Will Be Least Soluble In Water?, Triton Snail Edible, Warehouse 13 Spinoff 2020, Jo Wilder Death, Rosebud Baker Family, Kensi Blye Real Name, Kona, Hawaii Zip Code, Fortnite Vip Vbucks, Nct 127 Phone Number, Doodles Near Me, Midway Arcade App, Tony Kornheiser Surgery, Motor Vehicle Fitness Fee Jamaica, Stevie Nicks Greatest Hits, Holly Name Puns, Cottage City Md Exorcist House, Piano Key Stickers Printable, Damien Name Meaning Devil, Kevin Flynn Memes, Asteroid Heading Towards Earth What Time, Fdt Roblox Id, Amoeba Proteus Under Microscope, Hidden Figures Bathroom Speech And Sign Removal, Rowlett High School, Ffxv Event Quests, Bayon Temple Faces Meaning, Meritage Homes Floor Plans, You're In Good Hands Meme, Moore Meaning In Hebrew, Charlotte Cardin Parents, Fortnite Bundles Ikonik, Mother 3 Meme Song, Greta Onieogou Speaking Russian, Sara Sampaio Net Worth, Chill And Reel, Foreign Policy Thesis Statements, Miriam Dassin Embroidery Panels, Dérapage Film Complet, Skull Captions For Instagram, Bats In Japanese Mythology, Watch Dogs Revival Mod, Woo Survivor Net Worth, Bobby Shmurda Dancing Meme Template, What Happened To Vida Loca In The Morning Radio Show,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *