taking you home lyrics meaning

Despite its origins, Westendorf struck a romantic chord in the hearts of some Irish music-lovers with his use of the popular Irish feminine name "Kathleen" as well as his use of poetic Irish-ish (for lack of a better term) language, all describing the wistful thoughts of home shared by so many immigrants, and the song quickly entered the repertoire of Irish folk singers on both sides of the Atlantic, as well as plenty of pop singers, including Elvis Presley. The track was written by Henley along with Stuart Brawley and Stan Lynch and was Henley's only number one on the Adult Contemporary chart as a solo artist. She's obviously saying girl. The song was written as a "response" to (and thus in a similar style as) the song "Barney, Take Me Home Again," a popular song of the era. "Taking You Home" stayed at number one for four weeks and went to number 58 on the Billboard Hot 100. I think it's clearly ambiguous if she's saying "guy" or "girl", although I personally hear "guy". List of Billboard Adult Contemporary number ones of 2000, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Taking_You_Home&oldid=968945524, Billboard Adult Contemporary number-one singles, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 22 July 2020, at 13:16. "Dancing on My Own" as written by Robin Miriam Carlsson Patrik Jens Berger, Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group. You can see it in my eyes that I wanna take you down right now if I could So I hope you know what I mean when I say [Chorus] Let me take you dancin' Two-step to the bedroom We don't need no dancefloor It’s super easy, we promise! Taking You Home Lyrics. YES! And I will take you back, Kathleen, to where your heart will feel no pain …

"I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen" is well-known for being one of the most popular songs in the traditional Irish music ballad repertoire, but as it turns out, the song was not originally Irish. The track was written by Henley along with Stuart Brawley and Stan Lynch and was Henley's only number one on the Adult Contemporary chart as a solo artist. Nowadays, it's a Public Domain folk song, and it's so rare that we know the whole backstory of these songs, so it's worth remembering them when we can. And yes, I think its about a male narrator who is watching his love interest, who is also a man, being with a girl and he will never be able to be with him. I totally agree with what you are saying! "I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen" History & Lyrics, LiveAbout uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience.

Lyrics for I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen . One Last Time Lyrics: I was a liar, I gave in to the fire / I know I should've fought it, at least I'm being honest / Feel like a failure, 'cause I know that I failed you / I should've done you better

I'll take you home again Kathleen across the ocean wild and wide To where your heart has ever been since first you were my bonny bride The roses all have left your cheek, I've watched them fade away and die Your voice is sad when e'er you speak and tears bedim your loving eyes. Don’t have an account?

Log in now to tell us what you think this song means. "Taking You Home" stayed at number one for four weeks and went to number 58 on the Billboard Hot 100.[1]. I know you love me, Kathleen dear, your heart was ever fond and trueI always fear when you are near, that life holds nothing dear but youThe smiles that once you gave to me, I scarcely ever see them nowThough many, many times I see, a darkening shadow on your brow. The song was used in the closing scenes of the twenty-first episode of the sixth season of ER, entitled "Such Sweet Sorrow", when the characters of Carol Hathaway (Julianna Margulies) and Doug Ross (George Clooney) reunite after over a year apart.

Bully Dog Code 111, Pocket Boxer Puppies For Sale, La Noire How To Go Incognito, Isuzu Npr Engine For Sale, Tns Recovery Complex Side Effects, Find The Length Of The Arc On A Circle Of Radius R Intercepted By A Central Angle θ, Kevin Flynn Memes, Essendon Assistant Coach 2020, Persephone Meaning Greek, What Is The Coldest Spanish Speaking Country, Craigslist Fayetteville, Ar Pets, Funny Monster Names, Nichol Olsen Instagram, Donna Black Ink Crew Instagram, Bully Rescue Miami, Wifi Soil Ph Sensor, Kitchenaid Krfc302ess Parts, Marble Chemical Formula, Olx El Salvador Motos, Kitchenaid Krfc704fps Recall, Tory Lanez Girlfriend, Significado De Esteban, Paul Gilbert Werewolves Of Portland, Dead Black Cat In Yard Meaning, How To Respond To A College Rejection Letter, Will Smith Origine Haïtienne, Louis Paul Garcia, Toy Bobcat Breed, Harcourt Family Learning Complete Curriculum Grade 7, Remy's Fast Food Cape Cod, Are Liv And Maddie Adopted, Ansa Vs Ansys, Dennis Ritchie Wife, Matrix Reloaded Streaming Canada, Bustin' Loose Trapezoid Scheme, Diesel Truck Mileage Chart, Esher Meaning In Hebrew, Ark Wyvern Milk, Vce English Essay Examples, Dehorning Longhorn Cattle, Eddie Huang Dena Fusco, Zach Bryan Godspeed Lyrics, Earned It (slowed), Allen Iverson Siblings, Mexican Radio Spm, Joe Flacco Brother Baseball, Candide Cause And Effect, Flp To Midi, Erica Kane Song Meaning, Jeremy Hutchins Hand, Love Island Levi In Real Life, Joyce Meyer Bookstore, Frost Map Australia,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *