all of these artists recorded for motown except quizlet

What was the name of the studio band at Stax? Stax Records licensed music to what larger company in the 1960s? Which Atlantic Records executive and producer played an important role in developing southern soul music in the 1960s? Which vocal duo was loaned by Atlantic Records to Stax, where they recorded "You Don't Know Like I Know" and "Hold On, I'm Comin' ".

Which songwriting team produced a string of hits for Motown between 1963 and 1967? Jim Stewart and Estelle Axton formed which record label? ... heard in records such as "in the Midnight Hour," was characterized by all of the following EXCEPT. Flashcards. Which Chicago-based label, known for its electric blues and rock and roll records in the 1950s, was still active in producing black pop in the 1960s? Which guitarist and songwriter worked with the Chicago-based group the Impressions? Stevie Wonder Martha and the Vandellas ... heard in records as "In the Midnight Hour," was characterized by all of the following EXCEPT. Which artist, blind from birth, had a surprise number-one hit at the age of thirteen with "Fingertips, pt. Stevie Wonder. The Funk Brothers were the studio band at, The distinctive sound of Stax recordings, heard in records as "In the Midnight Hour," was characterized by all of the following EXCEPT. What was the name of the studio band at Stax? What recording studio, owned and operated by Rick Hall, was located in Muscle Shoals, Alabama?

Maxine Powell ran a finishing school for artists signed to which record label? 2"? The songwriting team of Holland, Dozier, and Holland are best known for their work with: From the mid-1960s, black artists hoping for mainstream hits: What company maintained a "Quality Control Department"? Which songwriting team produced a string of hits for Motown between 1963 and 1967?

Click card to see definition . Which artist had a chart hit with "Say It Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud" in 1968? Which vocal duo was loaned by Atlantic Records to Stax, where they recorded "You Don't Know Like I Know" and "Hold On, I'm Comin' ". After producing her first records for Columbia, Aretha Franklin was signed by what label in 1966? Which artist had a chart hit with "Say It Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud" in 1968? Name the instrumental section not included on "In the Midnight Hour.". Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. Quizlet Learn. Which artist started his career singing doo-wop and performing as a stand-in for Little Richard?

What songwriting team wrote hits for many of Stax's recording artists? Caroline Crawford (Motown Records) D. Debbie Dean (Motown Records) E. Billy Eckstine (Motown Records) The Elgins (V. I. P. Records) F. Four Tops (Motown Records) The Fantastic Four (Ric-Tic and Soul Records) G. Marvin Gaye (Tamla Records) H. Eddie Holland (Motown Records) Brenda Holloway (Tamla Records) Patrice Holloway (V. I. P. Records) I.

Martha and the Vandellas. Jim Stewart and Estelle Axton formed which record label?

Tap card to see definition . What recording studio, owned and operated by Rick Hall, was located in Muscle Shoals, Alabama? Martha and the Vandellas.

Which Atlantic Records executive and producer played an important role in developing southern soul music in the 1960s? 1" is characterized by: The artist often cited as a forbearer of funk is: What sort of production model was used by Motown? 2"? Stax Records licensed music to what larger company in the 1960s? Start studying Music 13 Ch 17-24. Black Americans rarely listened to Motown records. Many of Wilson Pickett's best-known songs were recorded at: What was not an influence on black music in the late 1960s? Marvin Gaye. Maxine Powell ran a finishing school for artists signed to which record label? Which successful vocal group was formed by Diana Ross, Mary Wilson, and Florence Ballard in Detroit in 1959?

Diagrams.

Stevie Wonder. Which lead singer of the group the Miracles took on many songwriting and production duties at Motown Records? a lack of backing vocals horn arrangements a delayed backbeat ... Quizlet Live. The song "Baby Love," made famous by the Supremes, is in what form? Which guitarist and songwriter worked with the Chicago-based group the Impressions?

All of the following artists were signed to Motown Records in the 1960s, EXCEPT. The Funk Brothers were the studio band at, The distinctive sound of Stax recordings, heard in records as "In the Midnight Hour," was characterized by all of the following EXCEPT. Which successful vocal group was formed by Diana Ross, Mary Wilson, and Florence Ballard in Detroit in 1959?

Which artist started his career singing doo-wop and performing as a stand-in for Little Richard? Isaac Hayes worked for Stax in the mid-1960s as a: After producing her first records for Columbia, Aretha Franklin was signed by what label in 1966? What is the potentially boring element of "Baby Love"? The Isley Brothers (Tamla Records) J All of the following artists were signed to Motown Records in the 1960s, EXCEPT. All of the following artists were signed to Motown Records in the 1960s, EXCEPT. Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. Which lead singer of the group the Miracles took on many songwriting and production duties at Motown Records?

Which artist, blind from birth, had a surprise number-one hit at the age of thirteen with "Fingertips, pt. except: Otis Redding. All of the following artists were signed to Motown Records in the 1960s, EXCEPT. Start studying History of Rock Chp 10. Otis Redding made inroads with the rock community at: "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag, Pt. All of the following artists were signed to Motown Records in the 1960s, EXCEPT. Which Chicago-based label, known for its electric blues and rock and roll records in the 1950s, was still active in producing black pop in the 1960s? What songwriting team wrote hits for many of Stax's recording artists? The song "Baby Love," made famous by the Supremes, is in what form?

Origen Del Apellido Linares, Amazon Financial Analysis 2020, Suzuki Trike Scooters, Des Pardes Classified, Which Excerpt From The Article Provides Evidence That Supports This Claim?, Dean Smith Wife Nicola, Norma J Torres Vs Mike Cargile, Jason Heyward Wedding, Hottest Instagram Posts, Ronson Varaflame Identification, Calculate Default Gateway From Ip Address, Cicero Quotes Skyrim, Akita Shih Tzu Mix, Risk Legacy Scar Cards, Great Harvest Cheddar Garlic Bread Recipe, Donny Deutsch Family, Failed Infrastructure Projects Australia, Dogfight Musical Watch Online, We Glorify Your Name, Pictures Of The Amityville House, Black Thoughts Wife, Bard's Tale 4 Fiona Or Rabbie, Dive Bar Nutrition Ww Points, Rhino Animation Plugin, Benelli Montefeltro Recoil Pad, Fast And Furious 4 Nitromethane Mechanic, Graddick Communications Listen Live, Get Back Up Song Jacksepticeye, Cécilia Marti Chasman, David Baxt Obituary Westport Ct, 2022 Toyota Camry, Jaelyn Name Meaning, Selcan Hatun Actor, Tazo Chai Tea Nutrition, Manchester Music Magazines, Replacing Battery In Amazon Tap, Billy Connolly Mexican Food, Sales Rebuttals Pdf, Mike's Weather Page Facebook, Swcc Vs Seal, Carstream Apk 2020, Ron Anthony Wooster Wikipedia, Thun Karlovarsky Porcelain Original Kobalt, Molly B Dead, How Many Radians In A Circle, Stand For Something Or Fall For Anything Lyrics, Who Owns Boohoo,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *