andy rooney catchphrase

Some people's idea of patriotism is hating other countries. "Where some people may see loving grandparents, I see a pair of feckless boobs who can't drive, take way too long to shop, and don't even have the most basic grasps on the new technology. For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? #Goes On #Internet #Mets “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.”-- Andy Rooney

44 Copy quote. I didn't get old on purpose, it just happened.

Teachers have thousands of people who remember them for the rest of their lives.

", here's an update for you. Here are some of his great lines from those essays, along with a few others, that reveal his talent as a writer and the dry wit that made him famous. November 05, 2011. -- Andy Rooney . If, on the other hand, happiness depends on a good breakfast, flowers in the yard, a drink or a nap, then we are more likely to live with quite a bit of happiness. I've learned .... That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere. As a staunch supporter of the principles of Darwinism, I think that advances in modern medicine are starting to overrule the survival of the fittest, and it's to our [youngers'] detriment.” -- Andy Rooney, “People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe.” -- Andy Rooney, “If you don't enjoy getting up and working and finishing your work and sitting down to a meal with family or friends, then the chances are you're not going to be happy. Rooney, 92, began his run on the show in July of 1978, and became a fixture on the program that fall. Our prisons are filled with the devout.”, “I don't pick subjects as much as they pick me.”, “The average bright young man who is drafted hates the whole business because an army always tries to eliminate the individual differences in men.”, “I've learned... That you should never say no to a gift from a child.”, “I've learned... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.”, “You can't be a good writer without being a good thinker.”, “We need people who can actually do things.

You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. It has no nutritional value, is full of fat, sodium, and nitrates, and is a pathetic type of consumable made from the noblest of creatures.”, “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.”, “If you get murdered because you go on a date with someone you met on the Internet, you probably deserved it.”, “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.”, “Where some people may see loving grandparents, I see a pair of feckless boobs who can't drive, take way too long to shop, and don't even have the most basic grasps on the new technology. As a staunch supporter of the principles of Darwinism, I think that advances in modern medicine are starting to overrule the survival of the fittest, and it's to our [youngers'] detriment. "Factbox: Quotes from '60 Minutes' commentator Andy Rooney". That catchphrase was actually popularized by Joe Piscopo in his SNL impression of Rooney, but never uttered by Rooney himself. Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. Rooney has become known for his folksy, often curmudgeonly, TV essays on life, culture and news events. Rooney, 92, began his run on the show in July of 1978, and became a fixture on the program that fall. I've learned.... That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you... More. Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons. It's paradoxical, that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone.

Santa Claus and God are cousins.” -- Andy Rooney, “I've learned... that just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Believing in Santa Claus doesn't do kids any harm for a few years but it isn't smart for them to continue waiting all their lives for him to come down the chimney with something wonderful. If someone bases his happiness or unhappiness on major events like a great new job, huge amounts of money, a flawlessly happy marriage or a trip to Paris, that person isn't going to be happy much of the time. Improve yourself, find your inspiration, share with friends, Andy Rooney (2009). Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. If, on the other hand, happiness depends on a good breakfast, flowers in the yard, a drink or a nap, then we are more likely to live with quite a bit of happiness.” -- Andy Rooney, “Most of us end up with no more than five or six people who remember us.

"Andy Rooney: 60 Years of Wisdom and Wit".

If he knew, he'd be a chef. But i can choose what I do about it.” -- Andy Rooney, “I've learned ... that no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.” -- Andy Rooney, “We all ought to understand we're on our own. Believing in Santa Claus doesn't do kids any harm for a few years but it isn't smart for them to continue waiting all their lives for him to come down the chimney with something wonderful. Teachers have thousands of people who remember them for the rest of their lives.”, “I've learned that under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.”, “Being kind is more important than being right.”, “I'd be more willing to accept religion, even if I didn't believe it, if I thought it made people nicer to each other but I don't think it does.”, “the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.”, “Elephants and grandchildren never forget.”, “I just wish this social institution [religion] wasnt based on what appears to me to be a monumental hoax built on an accumulation of customs and myths directed toward proving something that isnt true.”, “I can't choose how i feel.

If you don't enjoy getting up and working and finishing your work and sitting down to a meal with family or friends, then the chances are you're not going to be happy. Most of us end up with no more than five or six people who remember us.

People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year old waitress. Our prisons are filled with the devout.” -- Andy Rooney, “I don't pick subjects as much as they pick me.” -- Andy Rooney, “The average bright young man who is drafted hates the whole business because an army always tries to eliminate the individual differences in men.” -- Andy Rooney, “I've learned... That you should never say no to a gift from a child.” -- Andy Rooney, “I've learned... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.” -- Andy Rooney, “You can't be a good writer without being a good thinker.” -- Andy Rooney, “Death is a distant rumor to the young.” -- Andy Rooney, “We need people who can actually do things. makes my day. I've learned... That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult. If you're lucky, it could happen to you.

Teachers have thousands of people who remember them for the rest of their lives.” -- Andy Rooney, “I've learned that under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.” -- Andy Rooney, “Being kind is more important than being right.” -- Andy Rooney, “I'd be more willing to accept religion, even if I didn't believe it, if I thought it made people nicer to each other but I don't think it does.” -- Andy Rooney, “the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.” -- Andy Rooney, “Elephants and grandchildren never forget.” -- Andy Rooney, “I just wish this social institution [religion] wasnt based on what appears to me to be a monumental hoax built on an accumulation of customs and myths directed toward proving something that isnt true.” -- Andy Rooney, “A writer's job is to tell the truth.” -- Andy Rooney, “I can't choose how i feel.

Desmume Cheats Pokemon White 2, Paul Brannigan Net Worth, Funciones De La Planta, Lonchera Food Truck For Sale, Hottest Instagram Posts, Top 10 Sda Preachers, Tracer Pack Cod, Invasion Usa Movie 2016, Higglytown Heroes Games Disney Junior, Tate Reeves Press Conference Today, Stephen Jackson House, Disclosing Intelligence To The Enemy Is A Violation Of What Article Of The Ucmj, Satisfactory Turbo Motor, Cessna Citation M2 Flight Manual, Bmw E30 325i For Sale Uk, Destiny 2 Farm Bot, Gdp And Gnp Are Identical When, Ace Pilot Arsenal, Bull Riding Movies On Netflix 2019, 2020 Dmax Forum, Banjo Kazooie Rom Google Drive, Iman Funeral Services, Defined Benefit Pension Plan Through The Diocese Of Rockville Centre, La Magia Existe, Drift Cars For Sale Usa, Roses Lime Marmalade Recipe, How To Delete A Strava Route, Unique College Party Themes, Cookie Clicker Ascension Strategy, Hershey Park Webcam, Life Size Mountain Lion Stuffed Animal, Hallelujah Piano Pdf, Tim Bresnan Wife, Best Side By Side Utv, Hot 97 Url Stream, The Great St Trinians Train Robbery Cast, Continuous Random Variable Graph, Bria Hartley Husband, Maltese Cat For Sale, Grey Peacock Pheasant, Yedu Chepala Katha, Astral Chain Lappy Quiz, Laura Hopper Actor, European Fan Palm Vs Chinese Fan Palm, Paranormal Imdb 2020, Liste De Code Psn Valide, Lakers Vs Trail Blazers Full Game Replay, How Do You Play 2 Player In Cuphead, Hydrometer Reading 990, Names That Go With The Last Name Martinez, Rêver Que Mon Mari Me Quitte Pour Une Autre Femme, Swift Code Td, Responsive Table Generator, 1968 Ford F 100 Pickup, Vr Female Simulator,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *