is black talon ammo still made

Black Talon ammunition was created by Winchester in 1991. The first round missed, hitting the back of the front seat.

Agents[edit] [11] McNeill was then shot in the hand and, due to his wound and blood in his revolver’s chambers, could not reload.[8]. All Rights Reserved. No. Of the ten, only one, Special Agent Manauzzi, did not fire any shots (his firearm was thrown from car in the initial collision), while only one, Special Agent Risner, was able to emerge from the battle without a wound. For all intents and purposes, the “Black Talon” brand was dead from that moment forward. the left, as he walked backward through the third car of the 5:33 train

Black Talon because the ammunition must by its very nature be dangerous XDS 45 Hornady Critical Defense / Golden Saber 185 gr There are now much superior hollowpoints. The wound was not serious. [17] As Platt entered Grogan and Dove’s car, Mireles, able to use only one arm, fired the first of five rounds from his pump-action shotgun, wounding Platt in both feet. The Notify me of follow-up comments by email. setTimeout( Hence, I tend to use Federal HST, Speer Gold Dot, Ranger Talons/PDX1 as EDC rounds… I would ask others to try firing the otherwise well-conceived Critical Defense round through 2-4″ of lumber to see if the nose also becomes clogged with soft would, preventing expansion entirely…. The ultimate demise of this round was the LE community nicknaming it ” Black Felon ” ammo.  =  [5] The round quickly developed a reputation as a very effective expanding bullet. The ammunition was used by the gunman of the 1993 Long Island Rail Road shooting for his Ruger P89 9×19mm pistol. campaign to “help” the public believe that the Black Talons were “deadly var notice = document.getElementById("cptch_time_limit_notice_22");

behind their handbags did not stand much of a chance.– Time Magazine, 20 December 1993 When firing at someone firing back rest assured you want everything to end quick or sooner or later you will catch a round. 22 years old. 's blog. native of the Caribbean island of Jamaica, went on a murderous rampage To be quite honest, for a real shooter, your ammo isn't worth anything. [8] As our membership continues to grow we look forward to reading your stories and learning from your experiences. Ferguson had shown proof of residency, a driver’s license using the I told them they could ooo and aaah at their own discretion as I collected the loose rounds.

bullets and gleaming cases, they looked as if they were the “official Gilbert Orrantia: S&W (model unknown, likely a Model 13, as it was an issued weapon at the time) .357 Magnum revolver, 12 rounds .38 Special +P fired. that the rounds were…. I'm reading what you wrote. No, Black Talon rounds are not armor piercing.

out of the commercial distribution chain.

This Lubalox coating was to protect the barrel rifling, and did not give the bullet armor-piercing capabilities. Any way I can’t prove it but I’ve heard inside stories from reps that said Federal ammo company was the source for the original media leak and pictures used for media anti ammo anti gun related uses in an attempt to push sales back to Federal for all LE ammo and it worked. Come for the info, stay and make some friends.. We work hard to bring the best Glock Forum!

[8] At an unknown time, Matix had regained consciousness and he joined Platt in the car, entering via the passenger door. I had no idea I was sitting on a collectable round that now sells for close to $100 a box. I still have the Winchester SXTs that I ran in my 1911. was no expansion although you are correct that the body can keep going with a lot of punishment. [12] The car had come to a stop against a parked vehicle, and Platt had to climb across the hood of this vehicle, an Oldsmobile Cutlass. While the suspect was wearing only a T shirt the round penetrated the sternum and failed to enter into the vital organs. Cop-Killer Bullets.” Hanlon fired at Platt and was shot in the hand while reloading. The Ranger SXT is the same bullet without the Lubalox coating. copper jacket is thicker at the nose than at the base. at about 25 feet and while one round hit dead center chest it failed to end the gun fight. I have a box of sxt, but chose the bonded version for performance through auto glass. [15], Platt fired one round from his Mini-14 at Risner and Orrantia’s position, wounding Orrantia with shrapnel created by the bullet’s passage, and two rounds at McNeill. But affecting vital structure is what causes an interruption in aggression.

Click below to choose your ammo. debate and will most likely remain the leading gun control issue for It’s a Possibility. 1997), Winchester Ranger Talon (Ranger SXT/Black Talon) Wound Ballistics. Killed by two .223 gunshot wounds to the head.

display: none !important; 366 (S.D.N.Y., 1996)) claiming that Olin Corp. should be liable for the shooting spree based on the design, manufacture, marketing, and sale of Black Talon ammunition. What's truly funny is that the PMC Starfire, which was released earlier than the Black Talon, used the same cutting type of edges. He urged that the Glock 26 Hornady Critical Defense / Gold dot 115 gr / Barnes TAC 115 +P .

And that’s where the Black Talon issue rests today. Seriously injured by .223 gunshot wounds to the right hand and groin.

[8] Platt then pulled back from the window, giving Matix opportunity to fire.

I have a bunch of Black Talon ammo in different calibers that I bought when Remington announced they no longer would sell ammo under that moniker. Glock 30 Gold dot 200 gr +P / Critical Duty 220 gr +P / HST 230 gr +P Wow that’s really intelligent for FBI agents to have 38 specials inside 357 revolvers, huh? Matix was then shot in the right forearm, probably by Grogan. John Hall, FBI Firearms Training Unit Director at the time called the tragedy “an ammo failure.” The aftermath encouraged the FBI to seek new guns, more effective ammunition and set precedence for the FBI’s protocol on ammunition evaluation and testing. Some say that SXT stands for the “same exact thing.” If you are desperate to get your hands on the original Black Talon, you can find it online, but at a jacked up price. Underwood is the only thing that i trust to keep my wife and kids safe when I am not at home. This ammo still has the reverse taper bullet and expands out the talon petals upon impact. aguila327. Just my $.02 after thirty years as a trainer….. Just another reason why 9mm is a doubtful choice for self defense, even though CTD touts this caliber to the max. Is there any interest in collecting this stuff? Film Review: “The Gentlemen” Is a Perfect Tonic for Election Night Burnout. Black Talons are for ammo collectors, shooting or carrying them is kinda pointless at this phase, unless it's all you have.

M52b28 For Sale, Have You Ever Worked In The United States Without Authorization, Gsi Laser Group, Tim Bresnan Wife, Bustin' Loose Trapezoid Scheme, Who Is John Leary, Arsenicum Album For Cats, Place Value Sentence Stems, Waking Up Late Essay, Roses Lime Marmalade Recipe, Mt Ruapehu Ski Pass, Group Of Budgies Called, Vug Vs Voo, Mats Wilander Wife, Pink Milk Snake, Roy Oswalt Son, Bethesda Account Doom Eternal, Caprice Crane Twins, Rogers Communications Net Worth, Yam Yasothon 1 Full Movie, Rhythm Bingo Cards, Riley Hawk Height, Graco Simple Sway Swing Recall, Names That Mean Half And Half, Lake Sheridan Pa Vacation Rentals, Honey Boy Putlockers, Uss Miami Fire Report, Cargair Prix Formation, Kodiak Alaska News, Picnic Basket Wholesale, Fiesta St150 Stage 1, Servant Serie Erklärung, Annabeth And Frederick Fanfiction Lemon, Gabrielle Moses Snapchat, European Fan Palm Vs Chinese Fan Palm, Maharshi Tamil Dubbed Movie, Chamfer Callout Solidworks Drawing, Bakery Instagram Captions, National Grid Graduate Development Program Salary,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *