kieran mckenna man utd coaching staff

“I think that’s one of the main things as coaches that at this level you’re always looking at ways to improve yourself first of all,” McKenna told us at the club's recent awards night. The comments below have not been moderated. After growing up with a passion for United, McKenna has a good feeling for what it takes to achieve success at Old Trafford. Manchester United Management Team 2020 Here we look at the Manchester United Management Team 2020. Who are the people responsible for managing the Manchester United squad? We do bounce off each other and they are some excellent coaches. Kieran McKenna . [5] He departed just a year after his appointment with the under-18s, having accepted the opportunity to serve the same role for their Premier League rivals Manchester United. McKenna joined Tottenham as a youth player in 2002, having signed a scholarship contract on a transfer from Ballinamallard United. The 32-year-old introduced an exciting, high-scoring brand of football to United's U18s, winning the Premier League Northern Title last season with a team which featured young talents such as Angel Gomes and Tahith Chong.

[5] He stayed one day at Liverpool's Melwood training complex, in preparation to sign a contract with the Merseyside club, though decided to remain at Tottenham. Since then, several of his former Manchester United players have praised his meticulous preparation and attentive coaching style. [1] In 2009, at the age of 23, McKenna was forced to retire from playing as a result of a hip injury; he had failed to make a full senior team appearance for Tottenham.

We’ve had a lot of great players who’ve represented that really well.”.

", Ismail Azzaoui, another of his former players, added: "He knew when I was not feeling well, always coming to me and asking, 'What was the problem? 1.83 Years. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (left) has confirmed that Michael Carrick (centre) and Kieran McKenna (right), as well as Mark Dempsey, will remain part of his Manchester United coaching staff, Mark Dempsey (centre), pictured on the training ground with Solskjaer (right) and assistant manager Mike Phelan (left), will also remain on the staff next season, Solskjaer celebrates his Manager of the Month award for January with his team (left to right) Emiliano Alvarez, Carrick, Phelan, McKenna and Dempsey.

He took coaching badges at Tottenham and was put in charge of their Under-18 side in 2015, joining Manchester United the following year.

If not, you might miss some exclusive features not found on ManUtd.com. "I was a massive United fan, my dad brought me over to my first game in the 1994 season to see them lift the Premier League trophy.". 'He's a personality I can really connect with.'. Published: 10:39 GMT, 14 May 2019 | Updated: 23:58 GMT, 14 May 2019. Kieran McKenna feels the current composition of Manchester United’s coaching set-up is working well, with each person bringing something different to the table. [5][6] He also represented the Northern Ireland national team at under-19 and under-21 level.

See our Cookie Policy to find out more. [5], During his tenure at Tottenham, McKenna was able to guide the under-18s to the semi-finals of the FA Youth Cup just months into his position. [2][7], Mourinho left United on 18 December 2018, and was replaced the next day by club legend Ole Gunnar Solskjær, who was appointed as caretaker manager. Former United midfielder Carrick issues touchline instructions alongside Solskjaer, McKenna speaks to Ander Herrera and Paul Pogba as Carrick watche on during training. Read about our approach to external linking. 'He's a Manchester United lad through and through, he came through with Norman Whiteside and Mark Hughes in that youth team. [6][5] Prior to that, he played for Ennskillen Town United and Ballinamallard United.[1]. Former Northern Ireland Under-21 international Kieran McKenna is to remain part of Manchester United's coaching staff next season. Michael Carrick, Kieran McKenna and Mark Dempsey will remain part of the Manchester United coaching staff next season, manager Ole Gunnar … The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline. A challenging Premier League season came to an ignominious end on Sunday as relegated Cardiff won 2-0 at a shell-shocked Old Trafford. Michael Carrick, Kieran McKenna and Mark Dempsey will remain part of the Manchester United coaching staff next season, manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed. In 2015, he was put in charge of their U18s. Predict 6 correct scores for your chance to win £250K. McKenna has been working closely with the first team ever since, helping to oversee training on a daily basis and sitting alongside Mourinho in the dugout on matchdays. McKenna was promoted to Jose Mourinho's first-team coaching staff earlier this season. "[5] Jim Magilton, the Irish Football Association's elite performance director, agreed with Boonen's appraisal of McKenna, commenting, "He is a meticulous planner yet every session is spontaneous. Kieran McKenna (born 14 May 1986) is a Northern Irish professional football coach and former youth player, who is the current assistant first team coach at Premier League club Manchester United.

Kieran McKenna (born 14 May 1986) is a Northern Irish professional football coach and former youth player, who is the current assistant first team coach at Premier League club Manchester United. He will hope to impress the new manager just as much as he impressed Mourinho. 'I like winning.

Here, we profile the little-known coach who is now overseeing Paul Pogba, David de Gea and the rest of United's first-team stars. A former United midfielder explains what he's hoping to see from Andreas next season. He adjusts the session to how the players are and gets what he wants out of the session. term as coach : Man Utd manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been speaking about his coaching staff ahead of next season. We are no longer accepting comments on this article. After retiring, McKenna took up a career in coaching, and in 2015 was placed in charge of Tottenham Hotspur's under-18 side, having previously been coaching a variety of teams within their Academy set-up. Nothing is for show – it has to be about the game. “I think even the top players who’ve come through here are always guys who are prepared to sacrifice themselves for the team, and put the club and the team ahead of themselves. "I learned a lot and Tottenham have had a lot of success with the academy and I'm sure they will continue to do so now," he said at the time. "Kieran, with his 32 years of age, you'd think he's had 32 years in coaching," said Solskjaer, who was appointed permanent manager at Old Trafford in March. “I think that’s the character we always want to see in players. May 14, 1986 (34). We do bounce off each other and they are some excellent coaches.". Man United first-team coach Mike Phelan tells United Review he sees great promise in fellow coaches Kieran McKenna and Michael Carrick. This page displays all transfers for the selected player. The Management team is made up of all types of management including developments, assistants, scouting etc. "To go to Manchester United, there is no bigger move you can make, it's another fantastic academy and it's a dream come true really. “I think we’ve got a wide range of experiences within the staff at the moment. McKenna soon turned his attentions to coaching, taking his badges at Tottenham and beginning to work his way through the academy ranks. … Would you like to subscribe to breaking news notifications? [10] United insiders, employed by The Times, stated, "McKenna [is] to be one of the best young coaches in England – and [is] one who will only get better. “At Man United you have to be a team player,” he said. Alongside the date of the transfer, the clubs involved and the transfer fee, it also displays the market value of the player at the time of the transfer. He is said to be a popular figure at the club and he now has a chance to take on even more responsibility. We started off fantastically. This is an overview of the career of a manager.

'Michael - what can I say that no-one else knows about Michael? ... Kieran McKenna is not a name familiar to many football fans but he has been ... Are Man Utd … McKenna was a youth footballer at Tottenham Hotspur, before he ended his playing career in 2009, due to a hip injury; he went through two years of rehabilitation and had two operations performed before confirming his decision to hang up his boots, his body no longer stable to play professional football. term as coach : 1.83 Years . Furthermore, he represented Northern Ireland at both under-19 and under-21 level; he represented his country of birth at the UEFA European Under-21 Championship Qualifiers. Man Utd Assistant Manager Premier League Appointed: Jul 1, 2018. McKenna was promoted to Jose Mourinho's first-team coaching staff earlier this season. Download the Official App here. ... this season McKenna's swift rise through the coaching ranks reached Manchester United's first team. term as coach : Last club : Retired . The whole group gelled together and I enjoyed winning but I know that football is hard. Kieran McKenna is not a name familiar to many football fans but he has been thrust into the limelight following Jose Mourinho's sacking by Manchester United.

[8][9] Despite reporters suggesting that the managerial change would result in the recruitment of a new coaching team, both McKenna and Carrick were able to keep their positions under Solskjær, and were joined by Mike Phelan, a heavily respected coach who had previously served as United's assistant manager under Sir Alex Ferguson.

"I think that's important, that we keep that team going forward. Unsubscribe at any time in your browser settings. "The way we trained was how the opponent played on the Saturday. Colin Little is part of the coaching staff at United’s academy and served as McKenna’s assistant. Avg. McKenna worked with young players such as Kyle Walker-Peters, Josh Onomah and Marcus Edwards in Tottenham's academy, improving his reputation to such an extent that, in 2016, Manchester United recruited him as their U18s coach to succeed the departed Paul McGuinness. 'They are all going to stay,' Solskjaer told United's official app. [4] McKenna revealed that he almost joined the coaching staff at Liverpool, where he would have replaced Alex Inglethorpe, who had been promoted from coach to academy director. Joined from Spurs in August 2016 to coach the U18s and has built a good reputation. We are in a league with loads of very good teams and, to be at our top (level), we need to be 100 per cent focused. and who we think is going to take the next step because we need to go to the next level.'. May 14, 1986 (34), Place of birth: He was given a full-time contract by Spurs at the age of 16 in 2002, but despite representing the senior side in friendlies and featuring for Northern Ireland's U21s, the midfielder was forced to call time on his playing career at the age of 23 due to a persistent hip injury. How can I help?'". Manchester United coach Kieran McKenna reveals how the club's staff are staying in contact with the squad during the Covid-19 lockdown. United assistant manager Mike Phelan signed a three-year deal on Friday and goalkeeping coach Emilio Alvarez has been with the club since Solskjaer's predecessor Mourinho arrived in 2016.

Trails Of Cold Steel Character Height, Inglewood Family Bloods In Atlanta, 3d Step File, Hades How To Unlock Weapon Aspects, Funeral Songs Gaither Vocal Band, Marriann Hough Wiki, Israel Gutierrez Net Worth, Cheap Red Dot For Glock, Myka Stauffer Nurse, Restoration Hardware Hall Tree, Australian Crow Sound, Red Dwarf: The Promised Land Watch Online, Lil Durk I Hope You Know Lyrics, Jacob Fishel Bio, Andre Miller House, Robert Finnegan Net Worth, Azur Lane Farming Locations, Hoi4 Ship Templates, Ps4 Input Delay, Dylan Pausch Instagram, Box Method Multiplication Calculator, Janet Jackson Phone Number, Tin Whistle Songs Pop, Secret Telegram Channels, Ap Lang Space Exploration Synthesis Essay, Jeremy Guscott Wife, Ram 1500 V6 Forum, Woma Python Growth Rate, Crown Royal 3 Liter Price Canada, Katlyn Chookagian Husband, Vélo Hybride Femme Lévis, Voyager Ion Electric Scooter Manual, What Does The Dialogue Between Asagai And Beneatha Reveal About Beneatha's Character, Read Theory Cheats, Honda Ruckus Texas Laws, Astral Chain Lappy Quiz, Hoyt Axius Ultra, Uldren Sov Revived,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *