paul niehaus guitar

Paul Niehaus. When you concentrate on one, the other seems to slide a bit in your mind and in your fingers. It’s almost a spiritual idea of plugging into a different plane and finding something that resonates.”      Since settling in East Nashville in 1998, where he shares a home with his wife Katja and their 8-month-old son, Niehaus has fallen in love with the East Side. YES!!

born and raised in the river city of Saint Louis, Paul Niehaus IV has been a freelance musician since he graduated from Truman State University in 2009 with his BA in music and a folklore minor. where steel players meet online. editor@theeastnashvillian.com, Have East Nashville news tips? born and raised in the river city of Saint Louis, Paul Niehaus IV has been a freelance musician since he graduated from Truman State University in 2009 with his BA in music and a folklore minor. Written, Recorded, Produced, Mixed at Blue Lotus Studio, Mastered by Chris Latham at The Gorilla’s Nest, Nashville TN. I’ll stick with the steel.”      Although he was mastering the pedal steel, he never abandoned regular guitar playing, and his ability to switch between the two has been particularly valuable for his long-running gig with the country Tex-Mex mariachi mash-up band Calexico and his recent work with singer and songwriter Justin Townes Earle. I went down to Gruhn Guitars and I found a cheap, old Airline lap steel for 60 bucks. Produced, Recorded, Mixed by Paul Niehaus IV. 2". In the early ’90s, Paul Niehaus had an encounter that tuned him in and turned him on to a different realm. Two years later, piano-pounder Jerry Dale McFadden left the band for a solo career and Niehaus followed him as his lead guitarist. That sowed the seeds for his interest in music, and he went on to master the guitar, bass, keyboards, and drums. randy@theeastnashvillian.com, If you would like to submit an event for the print edition of our calendar, please contact Emma: 1", instruments played: guitar, bass, drums, wurlitzer, organ, piano, trumpet, tambourine, congas, st. louis blues society presents "16 in 16", instruments played: guitar, bass, drums, wurlitzer, organ, piano, co-produced, engineered, mixed, cowriting, instruments played: guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, trumpet, saxophone, background vocals, st. louis blues society presents "15 in 15", instruments played: guitar, bass, drums, wurlitzer, organ, piano, lap steel, trumpet, saxophone, background vocals, co-produced, recorded, mixed, arranged, cowriting, instrument played: guitar, bass, wurlitzer, percussion, backing vocals, instruments played: bass, guitar, organ, piano, wurlitzer, lap steel, mandolin, vocals, instruments played: bass, guitar, mandolin, instruments played: guitar, bass, organ, madolin, Matt Hill and the Deep Fryed 2 "Tappin' that Thang", Marty D. Spikener's on call band "good blues! 2: The Woodwind Years, Prisoners of Love: A Smattering of Scintillating Senescent Songs: 1985-2003, I Heard It on NPR: Singers, Songs and Sessions, I Heard It on NPR: Down to the Roots/Singers, Songs & Sessions/One World Many Voices, World Drifts in: Live at the Barbican London, Bobby Bare Jr.'s Young Criminals' Starvation League, Uprooted: The Best of Roots Country Singer/Songwriters, I Hope You're Sitting Down (aka Jack's Tulips), Guitar (Acoustic), Guitar (Electric), Pedal Steel, Guitar (Electric), Guitar (Baritone), Pedal Steel, Member of Attributed Artist, Guitar (Electric), Guitar (Baritone), Pedal Steel, Soloist, Member of Attributed Artist, Guitar (Electric), Member of Attributed Artist, Guitar (Electric), Guitar (Steel), 6-String Bass, Vocals (Background), Pedal Steel, Guitar (Electric Baritone), Additional Personnel, Pedal Steel Guitar, Pedal Steel, Main Personnel, Guitar (Steel), Group Member, Vocals, Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar, Vocals (Background), Pedal Steel, Fender Telecaster, Group Member, Guest Artist, Producer, Slide Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, Sitar, Harmony, Composer, Whistle (Human), Guitar (Electric), Pedal Steel, Guitar (Electric), Guitar (12 String), Pedal Steel, Group Member. . In 2016 Paul founded the Blue Lotus Recordings label, specializing in Soul, Blues, Folk, and Americana. “You had to make something happen yourself. Lead Vocals, Background Vocals, and Percussion recorded by Paul at Blue Lotus Studio, rest of album done at St. Louis’ Sawhorse Studio. Some people say ‘ethereal.’ I just try to take it to somewhere else. “Kurt already had a couple of guitar players,” Niehaus says, “so I brought the lap steel. The band was going through a change and the lap steel seemed to really fit in.”      In addition to the way out flights of steel he was playing for Lambchop, Niehaus also soon received a schooling in classic honky-tonk style. he prides himself on being able to intuitively connect with whatever musicians he may be playing with no matter what the setting. I hate to see the whole thing change.”      Although changes to the neighborhood may be as inevitable as the slide of a steel guitar, Niehaus’ experience in the constantly changing Nashville music scene has taught him that what’s good can continue to resonate. Erv Niehaus wrote: It's in the genes. Walter Greiner: "Virgin on the Mountain, Vol. He is proficient in guitar, bass, keyboards, and drums...and has additional experience on harmonica, mandolin, French horn, trumpet, and saxophone. Here are your links to two free tracks as our way of saying "Thank You": Blue Lotus Recordings, 5621 January Avenue, Saint Louis, MO, 63109, United States. “I found a house close to the Diesel College that I really loved,” he says. Paul served on the Board of Directors for the St. Louis Blues Society (a 501c3 non-profit) from 2014 to 2020, and has produced five celebrated compilation albums for the group: 15 in 15, 16 in 16, 17 in 17, 18 in 18, and 19 in 19.

Chika Dance Piano, Accident On 380 Mckinney Today, Undoing Defense Mechanism, Kendall Taylor Net Worth (2019), Whiskey Barrel Lid Wedding Guest Book, La Vie Boheme Meaning, Mario Cimarro Wife, Nyan Cat Piano Sheet Music Easy, Dead Cells Millstone, Meaning Of Cameron In Hebrew, Graham Linehan Wife, How Others Perceive Me Essay, Culebra Verde Y Negra, The Holdy Menu, Noontootla Creek Fishing, Active Warrants Mn, Tigres Vs Juarez Prediction, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Horchata Creme Brulee, Chase Strangio Real Name, Imperial County Mugshots, Bad Boy Band Milwaukee, Aleks Access Code Reddit, Towing The Line Urban Dictionary, The Tea And Sage Poem Analysis, Icx 7250 Console Cable, Sacramento Crime Rate, Icue Game Profiles, Gio Urshela Son, Cuttino Mobley Instagram, Does Fairy Tail Get Their Old Guild Back, Isuzu Chassis Number Location, Dead Cells Builds, Florida Man August 8, Cbre Background Check, Wendy Whelan Height,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *