jormungandr vs thor

Basically stealing the signature weapon of your enemy and claiming it as your own to piss them off. In Norse mythology, Jörmungandr (Old Norse: Jǫrmungandr, pronounced [ˈjɔrmunˌɡandr̥], meaning "huge monster"), also known as the Midgard (World) Serpent (Old Norse: Miðgarðsormr), is a sea serpent, the middle child of the giantess Angrboða and Loki. Jormungand is suppose to kill Thor (albeit after Thor kills him). The game lore says the cultists think that Jormungandr killed Thor and stole his hammer as a throphy, I'm no expert on Norse mythology, but I believe it is either Loki or jormungandr the serpent that steals thors hammer before or during the battle of ragnarok. This is a battle between the mighty midgard serpent Jormungandr and cthulhu. When it releases its tail, Ragnarök will begin. Jan 5, 2016 #22 Eldritch Sukima said: That doesn't actually tell us anything … Fluff. The theory I like is that Jorm uses a hammer as a big fuck you to Thor. https://mythology.wikia.org/wiki/Jörmungandr?oldid=99590. There are three preserved myths detailing Thor's encounters with Jörmungandr: In one, Thor encounters the giant king Útgarða-Loki and has to perform deeds for him, one of which was to lift the serpent in the form of a colossal cat, disguised by magic, as a test of strength. There are also image stones from ancient times depicting the story of Thor fishing for Jörmungandr. Four picture stones that have been linked with the myth are the Altuna Runestone, Ardre VIII image stone, the Hørdum stone, and the Gosforth Cross. JavaScript is disabled. Wiki Points. Posted by. Ocean Well going by sheer physical scale, Jormungandr is massively larger then Cthulhu, coiling around the Earth several times and so, while Cthulhu is easily hidden under the ocean depth, so unless Cthulhu has some magical mojo going for him, he's gonna get rekt. Thor pulls the serpent from the water, and the two face one another, Jörmungandr dribbling poison and blood. Mangog vs Jormungand TheJuggernautpunch. When Hymir refuses to provide Thor with bait, Thor strikes the head off Hymir's largest ox to use as his bait. Other

Highlander. I'm a little bit more familiar with Jormungandr but not that much, wasn't his venom powerful enough that one drop could kill entire nations? Really? As a result, it received the name of the Midgard Serpent or World Serpent. Azathoth is the one having the dream. A stone slab that may be a portion of a second cross at Gosforth also shows a fishing scene using an ox head. By that regard, I'd say Fenrir. If I'm not mistaken the planet is 25,000 Km in circumference. Thor then prepares a strong line and a large hook and baits it with the ox head, which Jörmungandr bites. Don't you find it strange the jormungandr is a giant snake that Thor has to fight, yet Hulda is jormungandr with a hammer and arguably a depiction of Thor? Other sources include kennings in other skaldic poems. The Home of For Honor on Reddit! Also, flat. 1. Being immortal won't help when Jormungandr body slams him and sends him hurling into space or getting buried into the Earth from the sheer mass of his body. I'm pretty sure that summoning him would make him wake up, which would end the universe. Close. They row to a point where Hymir often sat and caught flat fish, where he drew up two whales, but Thor demands to go further out to sea, and does so despite Hymir's protest. Forum Posts. Hymir goes pale with fear. The point is that Jormungandr has no feats other than "kills Thor at Ragnarok but dies in the process". If the stone is correctly interpreted as depicting this myth, it demonstrates that the myth was in a stable form for a period of about 500 years prior to the recording of the myth in the Prose Edda around the year 1220. But Thor will get another swipe at Jormungandr during Ragnarok, the apocalyptic battle between the gods of Asgard and the giants of Jotunheim. For Honor is a Third-Person Fighting Game, developed and published by Ubisoft for Windows PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Thor then prepares a strong line and a large hook and baits it with the ox head, which Jörmungandr bites. Thor pulls the serpent from the water, and the two face one another, Jörmungandr dribbling poison and blood. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. It is an example of an ouroboros. Jormungandr vs Apophis allhailme. So, assuming Thor has more feats, it should be easier to gauge Jormungandr's power via Thor than it is to do some nonsensical extrapolation with the Earth's diameter. Hymir goes pale with fear, and as Thor grabs his hammer to kill the serpent, the giant cuts the line, leaving the serpent to sink beneath the waves. When has he ever done that? oh well then lets go with the original myths for the serpent and composite cthulhu. Jormungandr or Thor? Jörmungandr "The children of Loki" (1920) by Willy Pogany. Yamato no Orochi, Moñai, Leviathan. This encounter with Thor seems to have been one of the most popular motifs in Norse art. Thor fighting the Midgard Serpent, Emil Doepler painting. Press J to jump to the feed. Large enough to coil around the Earth several times, which means he's in the range of dozens, if not hundreds of thousands of miles long.

Giant Serpent Don't you find it strange the jormungandr is a giant snake that Thor has to fight, yet Hulda is jormungandr with a hammer and arguably a depiction … Press J to jump to the feed. According to the Prose Edda, Odin took Loki's three children by Angrboða—the wolf Fenrir, Hel, and Jörmungandr—and tossed Jörmungandr into the great ocean that encircles Midgard.

I thought composite cthulhu was immortal and couldn't be killed? Well yes and no. We'd have to know his thickness as well. There was a ton of discussion about this around the time of the reveal. Of these, the Ardre VIII stone is the most interesting, with a man entering a house where an ox is standing, and another scene showing two men using a spear to fish. The image on this stone is dated to the 8th or 9th century. 1 year ago. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Kronos should tear Jormungandr apart if he manages to lay his hands on him, but on the other hand Jormungandr should one-shot Kronos by bitting his head. Cultural origin Thor goes fishing for the Midgard Serpent in this picture from an 18th-century Icelandic manuscript. It doesn't make much sense to measure his size based on current knowledge the Norse didn't have. General Information For example, in Þórsdrápa, faðir lögseims, "father of the sea-thread", is used as a kenning for Loki. Thor will kill Jörmungandr and then walk nine paces before falling dead, having been poisoned by the serpent's venom.

That's besides the point, really.

Remind me, just how big was Jormungandr in the myths? Gigantic, Potent Venom After three years of relentless winter, the serpent will grow uncomfortable in his icy waters, release his tail, and head for the surface. Also, Cthulhu from Demonbane is fairly nasty if I remember correctly. Another encounter comes when Thor goes fishing with the giant Hymir. Thor then prepares a strong line and a large hook and baits it with the ox head, which Jörmungandr bites. The battle takes place in the pacific ocean on an abandoned earth. User account menu. Thor is unable to lift such a monstrous creature as Jörmungandr, but does manage to raise it far enough that it lets go of the ground with one of its four feet.

Selective Tendering Advantages And Disadvantages, Skyrim Map Solstheim, What Channel Is Tct On Dish, Marauders Map Pdf, Warzone Tracker Xbox, The Crucible Foil Essay, Frindle Summary Chapter 10, Persephone Meaning Greek, Baby Yoda Memes Nsfw, Hard Merchandise New Boat Falcon, Magnum Vla For Sale, How To Change Character In I Wanna Be The Boshy, Warpriest Pathfinder Guide, Parrotlet Seed Mix, Linear Time Travel, Ayla Name Meaning, Hoya Hand Pollination, James Kelly Laura Kuenssberg Photo, Mom Brion James, Kadeem Ramsay Age, Alimi Ballard Wife, War Games 2011 Ending, Toyota Prado 2021 Release Date, Get Rhythm Discord, Gennaro Contaldo Daughters, Yam Yasothon 1 Full Movie, Was Mildred Natwick In The Wizard Of Oz, Liver Coloured Doberman, Barrington Middle School Principal, Mk2 Grenade Fuse, Mickey Newbury Net Worth, How To Use Sparking In Dbz Attack Of The Saiyans, N55 Stage 3, Bearbrick 1000 Stockx, Terrance Mitchell Fatal Attraction, Wild Tales Watch Online English Subtitles, 55 Gallon Drum Weight Full, When You Meet A Dog For The First Time Wag, Shane Dawson House Calabasas Address, Dragon Ball Z Final Stand Saiyan Build, Jaguar Cub For Sale, Smt Iv Neutral Guide, Sam Losco Episodes, Who Is Running Against Kelly Loeffler, Beaver Dam Locations Ark Island, Albino Rabbit Price, Disney Plus Moana Missing, Karen Ann Herskovitz, Nitrogen Monster Truck Shocks, German Eisenhauer Sword, Funny Booger Mcfarland Quotes, How Do Cattle Dogs Herd, Edward Wesley Rodgers Church, Is Yep Rude, Neil Roberts Bent Rifle, December 24 Zodiac Cusp, Heisman Pose Meme, Aashto M 145 Pdf, Gus Dapperton Ex Girlfriend, Pathfinder 2e Magic Items, Tcf International Wire Transfer, Lonchera Food Truck For Sale, Morning Morgantown Wikipedia, Chalk Bass Lifespan, Telegram Malayalam Movie Group Link, Feeling Faint Anxiety, Zora Meaning Japanese, Cross Lunges Benefits, Charles Baxter Against Epiphanies, Tenley Molzahn And Kiptyn Locke, Moon In Magha Nakshatra, Angela Hartnett Wedding Pictures, Scalp Pull Ups, Jesus Face Cloth, Hannah Pickled Pig Feet Near Me, Chicken Wings Emoji, Houston Aquarium Coupon Code, Dermot Desmond Love Child, Jennifer Ehle And Husband, Chris And Amy Wylie, Giant Finger Lime, 2020 2021 Pa Hunting Season Dates, Available Government Jobs In The Bahamas, Satire Essay On Police Brutality, Elfen Lied Netflix,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *