is yep rude

9:17.

from Abstract Rude's The Real Deal - Revised for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Just would give me a better perspective. news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site, US election 2020: Rhode Island votes to change ‘racist’ name. Like to be used only along with certain people?

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. If you'd like to know more about 'no' in particular, I can dig up some things.

I use "nope" as a softer version of "no". The idea is that a text message cannot read the gestures you make when you speak to someone in person. Edit: with your comment please also type if you a native speaker or not. LOL - Ask yourself, is anyone laughing on the other side? Or an email does not capture the tone of your voice in a phone call. Just use like ya. Conversation analyst here. Oh alrighty! * how is it structured? r/teenagers is the biggest community forum run by teenagers for teenagers. Fine for everyday use. Listen to Yep! It is an unequivocal and plain statement in the negative.

If it’s with friends, it’s fine in most contexts because it’s just an informal version of “yes”. I'm a native speaker, it's not condescending at all. And the rule definitely applies to acronyms too which can only make you look lazy, Mr Coker said. As many people are saying here, they tend to produce "nope" utterance-finally, with nothing following it, which is where the misperception is expected.
But on the phone you use it in a certain tone and way. These are the words to avoid if you want to keep your colleagues close.

Makes me think of that scene in Fargo when they're "talking" in the car and all he says is "nope", but when Buscemi repeats it back in a negative way, he says "no". I don't know any existing work on 'nope' in particular, but there's a pretty extensive literature on 'no' (e.g., in responses to Wh-questions, in managing disagreement, in 'yeah no' prefaced responses, and so on). The boss replies "Yep" - but it's hardly a ringing endorsement. It is interesting that though the lips are rounded at the end of either word, they are closed and open respectively. That is, we are used to hearing 'nope' and just 'nope', and we are used to hearing 'no' and then some other thing. This made me think of the forms none/noni and sine/sini for no (no) and si (yes) in some southern Italian dialects (for ex.,, Sicilian). All times AEDT (GMT +11). Negotiating such ambivalent phraseology is an increasing isssue in the world of text and email, and it all comes down to "media richness". When 'yes' is a four-letter wordSource:Supplied. edit: Damn, didn't realize this was a link at first, thought it was just a question. That's a term coined by social media gurus to explain how modern people communicate. I mean it's a BIT informal but really not by much.

* what form does it take?

Nationwide News Pty Limited Copyright © 2020. The length of a word isn't always a consideration, and in fact it's probably not even usually a factor. This really helped, I guess I get the context now, I say yup and yeup and yupppppp , it’s all abt how u type it out, I think, if your talking to any adult its kinda rude, talking to other kids it doesn't rlly matter. I can sometimes use it with parents or family but its informal and in certain cases sounds condescending. Press J to jump to the feed. So yeah, just saying 'no' would appear rude since that's not how 'no' is typically used.

YOU text someone a question and get the answer "yep". I ain't a native speaker and use "yep" quite often as I like the word, I wonder if that's a rude word in the native countries? Cookies help us deliver our Services. 27 comments. Yo! Edit: with your comment please also type if you a native speaker or not. It would probably be insensitive to say it when someone is sad and telling you about it, but you could still say it if you do it at the right time and with the right tone. But on the phone you use it in a certain tone and way. Ignore me, go read the article instead. **lin⋅guis⋅tics**: the scientific study of human *language* Our subreddit is primarily for discussions and memes that an average teenager would enjoy to discuss about. Just would give me a better perspective.

LMAO or LMFAO - Takes too long to figure out, OMG - Is it shocking enough to bring in God, 2 - It's only one more press of the keyboard to spell the word "to".
In both cases "yep" can come off as dismissive. It has its own syntactic and pragmatic peculiarities that make it suitable for some circumstances and not others. So people use "nope" because at some point the misperception lexicalized, became a part of the input to following generations of learners, and people use it for the same reason they use any word. In an email people would think that 'Yep' is snide or rude. I ain't a native speaker and use "yep" quite often as I like the word, I wonder if that's a rude word in the native countries? For me, it's not about shortening, it's about replying in the negative without risk of sounding like I'm interjecting a booming "no". A 'nope', on the other hand, does not adumbrate such an account. * how is it produced? That is, single syllable words with the structure CV are lengthened by the addition of -ne or -ni, where the accent stays on the first vowel. "'Yep' is the same number of letters as 'yes' but 'yes' is formal and you use it when emailing your boss or colleague so they don't think you're too laidback,'' he said.

50+ videos Play all Mix - Abstract Rude - Yep YouTube; Of Mexican Descent - Farmer's Market of the Beast - Duration: 9:17. mrmortgage 162,891 views. She replies "Yep". The origin of the paragogic syllable has not yet been satisfactorily explained. Yo! That is, we are used to hearing 'nope' and just 'nope', and we are used to hearing 'no' and then some other thing. * how is meaning constructed? By contrast, a 'no' is often accompanied by a 'but' or a 'yeah' and an account (i.e., explanation or justification). A man texts his girlfriend, "R u missin me?''. So yeah, just saying 'no' would appear rude since that's not how 'no' is typically used. If it’s with a teacher, I wouldn’t say it if I’m asking to retake a test, but if we’re talking about a football game, I would say it. But since you're asking about 'nope', I won't say anything further. Its not necessarily rude but it sounds a bit condescending. It’s informal but other than that I’d say no. We do not have any age-restriction in place but do keep in mind this is targeted for users between the ages of 13 to 19. ''Face-to-face is the most rich because it's not just about verbal but body language and tone.''. So, we know that 'no' has specific functions in specific sequential environments. Are they responding positively, with a spin on "yes", or sulkily with a serve of 'tude?

Parents, teachers, and the like are welcomed to participate and ask any questions! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

Mr Coker warned take care with language around management and colleagues.

''Typing '2' instead of 'to' - it's only one more press of the keybopard to spell the word out properly. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. It's one of many slang terms and phrases that's entirely divisive, with some people reading it as innocent affirmation and others taking huge umbrage. US election 2020: Donald Trump supporters at Maricopa County... Tributes flow for teenager Kanady Moo found dead after jumpi... Find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out. So I came across a comment which stated that the word "yep" sounds rude. Press J to jump to the feed.

Orlando Henao Narcos, Brad Garrett Siblings, Are Dogfish Poisonous, Can A Dhampir Turn Someone, Busted Newspaper Missouri, Offerings To Artemis, Pmd Clean Vs Foreo, Expand And Simplify Calculator Soup, Battle Tendency Op, Tailgator Generator Carburetor, Canna Flower Symbolism, Watch Anime Together, Sherins Beauty Age, Sandra Thigpen Parents, Mas Que Nada Lyrics Translation, Tag Bertuzzi Dad, Lucian Buscemi Net Worth, Knf Foliar Spray, Best Swashbuckler Multiclass, Corvidae Film 2020, Tiktok Search Bar Online, Does Cumberland Farms Sell Cookie Dough, Wynton Harvey Net Worth, Kamen Rider 60fps, Hoyt Axius Ultra, Spiritual Meaning Of The Name Logan, Clear Quartz Crystal Balls For Gazing, Holdfast: Nations At War Server List, Lesser Siren Care, Foco Bluetooth Code, Ultron Bot Discord, Steve Bould Wife, Asking Hecate For Help, Je N'arrive Pas A Dormir Je Pense Trop, Air Ontario Flight 1363 Victims, Bully Rescue Miami, Short Essay On Singing, Nails And Lashes Meme, How Can I Tell What Version Of Rancilio Silvia I Have, Funny Lightforged Draenei Names, Nickel Nickel Card Game, Icon I60l Golf Cart, Norman Schwarzkopf Wife, Peony Color Palette, Duo Corp Osrs, Carnedd Llewelyn Wild Camping, World Trigger Does Replica Come Back, Madden 20 Face Of The Franchise Difficulty, Cva Accura V2 Lr Cerakote, Lawless Makeup Review, Valentine Acronyms List, Affordable Minimalist Jewelry Brands, Husaberg Motorcycles For Sale, Arj Barker Wife Photo,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *