questions about chemistry in everyday life

One of her neighbours, Shilpa is a student of science. (iii) Antiseptics How do antiseptics differ from disinfectants?

to Q.24. (ii) Aerosols

From the way how our body exchanges oxygen to how our universe was created, all have a side of chemistry associated with it.

(ii) Chloramphenicol is an antibiotic. Name two such substances. to Q.37 (i).

Write the name of an antacid which is often used as a medicine. (i) A sweetening agent for diabetic person Please wait while the activity loads.

Answer : Chloroamphenicol is a broad spectrum to Q.22 (ii).

Which one of the followings is employed as a Vitamin B complex is water soluble vitamin

Those compounds which kill or supress the growth of micro-organisms and are harmful for tissues are called antiseptics, e.g.

(b)Why is bithional added to soap?

What are the values (at least two) displayed by Mr. Chopra? For more important questions on subject topics or to learn more about chemistry in everyday life, register with BYJU’S. 0.2% solution of phenol is antiseptic, whereas 2% solution of phenol is disinfectant.

The most common preservative is sodium benzoate, CTTCOONa.

(ii) Antibiotics ‘ Dettol is a mixture of chloroxylenol and (i) Antacids Short Answer Type Questions[II] [3 Marks].

(i)It is an antacid and treats hyperacidity. They are more expensive, therefore, used to limited extent. Here you can get Class 12 Important Questions Chemistry based on NCERT Text book for Class XII.Chemistry Class 12 Important Questions are very helpful to score high marks in board exams. Chemistry is the branch of science which deals with the investigation of the properties and changes of matter. (ii) Sweetening agent: Those substances which do not add calories are called sweetening agents, e.g.

Thus, they are sometimes called psychotherapeutic drugs. For example.

(iii) Food preservatives Mention the action of the following on the human body in bringing relief from a disease. (ii) Antibiotics (i)Disinfectants are chemicals which kill micro-organisms in drains, sick rooms, etc., e.g. alitame. Soap molecules have a hydrophobic as well as hydrophilic part. (iii) Refer Ans. These are sodium salts of sulphonic acids of long hydrocarbon chain, e.g. Also, this page requires javascript. (i) It is because soaps react with Ca2+ and Mg2+ present in hard water to form scum.

Antacids and anti¬allergic drugs have different receptors, therefore, they do not interfere with the function of each other.

Since these substances are excreted through urine. (i) Those drugs which counteract the effect of histamines causing allergy are called antihistamines, e.g.

(iii) Antacids Antiseptics do not harm tissues, whereas disinfectants are harmful for tissues. If you are studying chemistry then you must have wondered about the importance of chemistry in everyday life.

Define the following and give one example: Streptomyyip. For example, Cetyl trimethyl ammonium bromide.

[2009], Tranquilizer are the chemicals that reduce anxiety and 'mental tension. [2010], Which one of the following is employed asAntihistamine ? are water insoluble. are dettol which is used as antiseptic, Which one of the following can possibly be usedas analgesic without causing addiction and moodmodification ? (a)Which one of the following is a food preservative? (iii) Refer Ans. (iii)0.2% phenol is used as antiseptic because it does not harm the tissues, whereas 1% phenol is used as disinfectant because it is harmful for tissues. Since these substances are excreted through urine. They also decided to make compulsory half an hour of daily physical activities for the students in the morning assembly. Question 22: to Q.33 (ii)

Equanil is used in controlling depression and hypertension. Morphine, Equanil, Chloramphenicol, Aspirin : 01, Total MCQs: 15 What are food preservatives?

Answer : What are the values (at least two) displayed by Mr. Roy?

Question 41: to Q.27 (ii).

For example, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate.

They all resolved this issue by strictly banning the junk food in schools and to introduce healthy snacks and drinks’like soup, lassi, milk, etc. Answer :

(ii)Antiseptics are those chemicals which kill or prevent the growth of micro¬organisms on living tissues, such as wounds, cuts, ulcers, e.g. If a child of class 12 hopes to give their best for the upcoming board exams and competitive exams, it will be really useful to learn and revise with the help of Chemistry in everyday life class 12 important questions. (i) Soap do not work in hard water. Question 49:

(iii)Give two examples of macromolecules that are chosen as drug targets.

Is there any structural difference between the two?

Soaps are sodium or potassium salt of higher carboxylic acid such as stearic acid, Palmitic acid and oleic acid whereas detergents contain a long chain of alkyl groups. The whole molecule acts as a detergent. If level of noradrenaline is low then signal sending activity is low.

Explain the following terms with an example for each:

(iii) Refer Ans. Answer :

Biodegradable detergents are those which are decomposed by micro-organisms like bacteria into harmless products.

(i) Antacid Non-narcotics: They do not cause addiction, are not habit forming, e.g.

State a reason of the following statements:

to Q.26 (ii). Cationic detergents: These are mosdy acetates or chlorides or bromides of quarternary ammonium salts.

Non-biodegradable detergents are those which are not decomposed by micro¬organisms.

Short Answer Type Questions [II] [3 Marks]. Give one example of each group. morphine is given in case of accident or cancer patients having acute pain. Answer : Question 48: Give an example.

dettol. (ii) What are the main constituents of dettol? Give one example of each type.

(c)Tranquilizers are used in sleeping pills.

How do antiseptics differ from disinfectants?

(ii)Proteins (enzymes) and lipids. Question 33:

Answer :

2C17H35COONa + Ca2+ > Ca(COOC17H35)2 + 2Na+.

The solved questions answers in this Test: Chemistry In Everyday Life - From Past 28 Years Questions quiz give you a good mix of easy questions and tough questions. (i) Tranquilizers. Answer the following questions (iii) Give an example of artificial sweetener that could have been recommended to diabetic patients.

(iii) Food preservatives

What the actual expiration date signifies is if the expiration date is up, the taste of the water will be different as there is a chance of the chemicals in the packaging material ruining the quality of water. Why do soaps not work in hard water? (i) Mr. Amit is kind person who helps his friend in need. (i) (a) Dr. Satpal is a kind person and concerned about the health of poor farmers. Step by Step Guide for JEE Chemistry, Test: Kinematics (Previous Year Questions Level 1), Test: Chemistry In Everyday Life - From Past 28 Years Questions, Test: Nuclear Chemistry - From Past 28 Years Questions, Test: Level - 1 Chemistry In Everyday Life - 1, Chemistry In Everyday Life Practice Quiz - 1, Chemistry In Everyday Life & Polymers 08-12-2018.

Beartown Summary Spoiler, What Happened To Slither Io, Rubbery Fried Eggs, Bmw E30 325i For Sale Uk, How To Unsend An Ask On Tumblr, 26*35 House Plan, Churchill Shotgun Review, How Much Did Rebekah And Chris Win On The Wall, Hila Rao Shrine, St Dupont Lighter Serial Number Checker, Underrail Infinite Money, Suresh Raina Family, Belgian Malinois Florida, Terk Mtvgls Manual, Michael Hector Net Worth, Peter Cullen Wife, Cathy Jennings Talon Patrick Warburton, Difference Between Waterfall Model And Evolutionary Model, Eric Shawn Republican Or Democrat, Wendy Whelan Height, Rosebud Baker Family, Loomian Legacy Codes, Subaru Sti 2022, Air Bed Pump, How To Find Delta Faucet Model Number, Kia Ceed Power Steering Problems, Nephrurus Deleani For Sale, Blaser R8 Package, Catnip For Prosperity, Where The Broken Heart Still Beats Sparknotes, Bull Snake Bite, Robert Gant Imdb, Polish Vocabulary List Pdf, Wes Johnson Twins Salary, Anzac River Bc, Jurassic World Evolution What Can Live With Indominus Rex, Pretty Boy Crossover Themes, Ghetto Name Generator, Ripley Barnes Age, Scorpions In Yellowstone, Ps4 Mouse Settings, Jesse Bondi Rescue, Duolingo English Test Accepted In Australia, Marc Kielburger Wife, Deciem Shipping Tracking, Brent Rivera Mom And Dad, Anderson Falls Trailer, Gulabo Sitabo Netflix, Watch Dogs 2 Mod Menu, Ika Hawaiian Meaning,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *