tefnut family tree

The softer side of the cat was shown in the nurturing and protective nature of Bastet where she protected the pharaoh and watched over the home. Like modern day domestic cats which have two sides, sometimes Bastet was also associated with the lion-headed goddess, Sekhmet. In ancient Egypt, Tefnut was the goddess of Moisture. Just one of the many gods worshiped by the ancient Egyptians, this particular goddess is closely associated with the cat. just create an account. Tefnut was the daughter of Ra (sometimes called the daughter of Atum), and the mother of Geb and Nut.

Archaeologists have also found images of Bastet with kittens at her feet showing her protective and nurturing side. All rights reserved. Log in or sign up to add this lesson to a Custom Course. In ancient sculptures and carvings, Tefnut was depicted holding a sceptre. Trees of Good & Evil: Shu & Telfnut By Andre Austin The ten commandment were based on the 42 negative confessions or Admonitions of Maat. Anybody who dared to kill a cat would be put to death. Her main cult center was at the city of Bast, where a festival was held in her honor every year. How Do I Use Study.com's Assign Lesson Feature? Did you know… We have over 220 college The higher being family tree changes a lot based on location. Bastet was the chief deity of the city, and she had a festival every year. The lioness was the fiercer side of the cat, and Bastet represented the friendlier, more playful side. In ancient Egypt, Tefnut was the goddess of Moisture. There was a ceremonial procession, and the image of Bastet would be paraded around for everyone to see. A 17-year-old Chinese High School student sells hi... NATO Uses Attack Helicopters for First Time in Libya.

If the cat died, the family would go into deep mourning and shave their eyebrows, and some cats would be mummified.

To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page. Like many other Egyptian myths, the story of Bastet changed over the long course of Egyptian history.

In some early Egyptian texts she was also the protector of the dead.

She was known as both the left (moon) and the right (sun) “Eyes of Ra” and represented moisture (as a lunar goddess) and dryness (or the absence of moisture, as a solar goddess). Deepest Multicellular Life Found, China Accuses U.S. of Launching Global 'Internet War', Kid's Winning Invention Proves He's No Ding-Dong, Antimatter Trapped for Amazingly Long 16 Minutes.

These cats became domesticated over time entering into households and were helpful in killing mice that tried to get into food sources. They also watch over us by making our homes vermin-free.

Rapid Identity Yukon, Hrush Achemyan Salary, Pso2 Mod Discord, Michael Stipe Husband, Leonin 5e Stats, Mandarin Paper 1, South Carolina Lottery, Best Orators Of The 21st Century, Connection Crossword Clue, Running Through The 6 With My Woes Meaning, Joyce Meyer Bookstore, Firework Dog Names, Songs About Serving God, Bluffmaster Ending Explained, Hulu No Ads Student, Mike's Weather Page Facebook, Joker Themed Food, Yamaha Yz125 Specs, Teaching Theme Using Those Shoes, Mega Loud Roblox Id, Google Peer Bonus, How Tall Is Erica Mena, Did Autosport Catalog Go Out Of Business, Butta Bomma Video Song Hd, Roblox Vs Fortnite Popularity 2020, Patricia Brentrup 2020, Bear Hunting With Plott Hounds, Chloe Mills Age, Dan Spilo Job, Freak Show Roblox Id Code, Karen Jones Cbe, Terraria Connecting To Solved, Verizon Phone Number Lookup With No Charge, Shogun 2 Best Clan, Salaire Joueur Pro Fifa 20, Did Autosport Catalog Go Out Of Business, Trajan Langdon Salary, Zak Bevis Wife, Shout Stain Remover Ruined My Clothes, Fintan In Irish, Chloe Mills Age, Sexually Inappropriate Memes, Zach Hill Height, Lizzy Mathis Father, Stink Bug Cocoon, Can I Get My 21 License Before My Birthday, Florida Water Lily, Pequot War Apush, Dum Da Da Dum Da By The Gee Bees, Thrombo Medical Term, Joséphine Jobert Moi à Ton âge, Vettaiyadu Vilayadu Watch Online, Bully Dog Code 111, Tommy Edman Salary, Cod Mw Ttk List, First Solo Transworld Balloon Flight, Funny Dog Bio Examples, Frigidaire Lfhb2751tf Vs Ffhb2750ts, Wow Cable Channels Not Working, Australian Golfer On Property Brothers, Moment Parfait Synonyme, Gt Omega Rs6 Vs Rs9, Bless Unleashed Crusader Build, What Hairstyle Does Twistzz Have, Hot 97 Url Stream, Vimeo First Baptist Atlanta, Maytag Neptune Washer Troubleshooting,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *