frontier broadband 2 flashing red

All of a sudden, the Telephone 2 LED on my Arris cable modem (I have CDV as well as Internet) is blinking, but I have NOTHING connected to the jack, and only one telephone number. When I click and hold on the airport menu then hold my cursor over my network, it reveals a submenu, which has PPPoE Connected/Disconnected and under that Disconnect (or Connect). I will wait until the 3360 goofs up so I can call my home phone, probably won’t have to wait more than a day, then it’s back to my old faithful 2210, though I think it runs hotter than the 3360. One of the reasons I read your blog was to see if I could get any insight, like I say, just being untethered and wireless (since only I use the modem by myself) made me pretty happy and met 80% of my needs! Maybe that will help me avoid calling ATT for ‘support’ in the future. So you would be on your own on the router. You might try that next time it rains and you hear static. A splice in the line coming into the box may have been a problem.

The reason I am thanking you is because with YOUR – complete – info (reset by holding in for 30 sec) I was able to rejuvenate my old 2210 modem! I would before I call have another broadband service lined up. I find I have to do the 30 second reset, log in, and change back to bridge mode every time. I am currently using DSL internet service from Fairpoint (the only ISP available in the rural area I live in) and have been having terrible issues with maintaining a reliable internet connection. The gateway tried to connect to our network for more than 3 minutes. How I fixed my DSL modem connection, no thanks to ATT support, http://www.davidwesterfield.net/2009/07/6-years-of-att-dsl-connection-woes-resolved-in-1-second/, https://kendalldunkelberg.com/2013/06/04/motorola-3360-follow-up/, https://kendalldunkelberg.com/2013/06/05/dsl-modem-conclusion-i-hope/, https://kendalldunkelberg.com/2014/01/18/att-dsl-woes-resolved-for-now/, The Life of a Blog Post | Kendall Dunkelberg, My First Decade as Occasional Blogger | Kendall Dunkelberg, Solving Uverse Gateway Issues | Kendall Dunkelberg, Follow Kendall Dunkelberg on WordPress.com, Book Review: Katy Simpson Smith, The Everlasting. I notice you said you do have static on your line and it’s worse when it rains.

I thnk I am going to switch to comcast. I just find it sad that you can’t call them and someone answer the phone and be straight up with you and talk to you without talking to a computer or getting the run around.. If I’d said that, he probably would have figured it out. I think the first one has the most practical advice for your situation, but the other two might help in talking to the cable company. Sometimes Airport Setup pops up and shows me that the Airport and the Internet status lights are yellow, and there are errors indicating that it is offline. We are also on the next slowest speed of 3 mps (we upgraded to 6 one time, but it was worse than 3 — now that our line is better, we might consider going back to 6, but for now 3 meets our needs). Explaining your issues and explaning clearly how to resolve issues. On the back of the fridge is the manual for the fridge. Concerning the speed of my DSL. I did the usual steps of restarting the modem, waiting awhile, restarting my computer and the modem, and then trying to connect directly to the modem from my computer with an ethernet cable. What I don’t know is why the modem stopped working in the first place. Make sure they don’t try and make you pay for the visit. Essentially, it told me that I wouldn’t be able to access the modem’s settings interface unless I made the right changes on my computer (I saved these instructions and hope I’ll remember where I put them) or reset the modem. We have spoken to Fairpoint’s tech support several times. So, if you’re troubleshooting a DSL modem connection problem, it’s probably worth asking whether the modem has ever been set to Bridged Mode. Disclaimer: ATT’s help desk might have been able to help me if I had given all the information. Hi.. I don't see any problems with my Internet… Maybe I need to make those same connections/settings with the new 3360 modem from my Airlink 101 page in Safari. Lo and behold, I am connected to the internet using that very modem right now as I type this comment for you to read… So, this now begs the questions, why do I keep losing my internet connection and why is the issue so easily resolved by re-entering the PPP password? Recently though...it has happened every other day for the last week or so. I purchased, not the slowest DSL speed, but the 2nd to slowest. Showing Content for | Change your ZIP Code, Enter another ZIP to see info from a different area. Anyone else experience this and how did you resolve? They can see the droppages on their service graphs/reports, but they tell us we actually have better connection than most in our neighborhood. I am on my third router and I keep having the same problem. Then, they will ask why is my DSL light red?The explanation below gives you a better understanding of the red light on DSL modem and the effect to the internet … I can relate! Note to ATT: Your hold notices that constantly tell me how I could easily troubleshoot my problem online really don’t put me in the best mood when my problem is that I can’t get online. Doesn’t *always* work, network equipment generates a lot of heat and needs to breathe well. Tonight our internet connection went down. Maybe someone has an answer for you. Finally a Rep who figured out that they sent me the wrong return label and gave me a reference number.. I will add a note about a discovery I made tonight when the modem lost its connection again for a few minutes. Other times, it’s a matter of “patiently waiting it out”. The last time, they finally replaced the port on their end (where my phone line begins at the main station).

their DNS addresses. These posts get a lot of hits, so I know others face similar issues. From my experience, that probably indicates a short or crimp somewhere in the wiring. The following chart explains each status light and what it means. One hour after I ordered a new one I noticed all my lights was green again on my modem and I was back on the internet, so I called back(right away) to cancel my order for my new modem( it had only been a hour).. To make a long story short that turned into a nightmare to, (once you order a modem, you can’t cancel after you order it) so you have to wait and get it and send it back, in the mean time you keep getting billed for the modem until they decide to stop the payments for it, and on top of that , they sent me the wrong return label and said that my modem was lost that I sent back to them.. Because my modem doesn’t assign DNS addresses to computers on my network: it only works with one computer or router, so I have to have the Airport give our computers, iPad, etc. I know this is long after your post, and what I wanted to say is just about as tangential as one can get… You said you hoped you’d be able to find your notes later. Voila! Anyway, my name is Steve, and I really appreciate that you have blogged your miseries concerning 3360 because I have found the 3360 considerably more annoying than my old 2210.

Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Usually restarting the modem fixes the issue when that happens occasionally. If you ask to speak to someone in charge they say they are not allowed to do that, and if you get lucky enough to speak to someone in charge, they blow you off anyway. If have an old phone that plugs in (not a wireless one), then you can test your connection by opening the ATT box on your house and plugging it in to the test jack inside. :) It now lights green (power) without flashing! I am sorta hoping that my old 2210 will actually continue to work and maybe I will be free of this constant annoyance! I have frequent lost internet connections (sometimes 2 a day, sometimes 1 a week; seems most frequent when doing lots of downloading). This can damage the modem.”.

To resolve flashing DSL or no light on DSL LED issue: DSL LED will flash when the DSL modem/Gateway is trying to establish connection with your DSL service. To do this, I have the modem set up in Bridged Mode, so that the Airport Express can make the PPPoE connection (login to my DSL account). Your link was first on google when I placed the following in google: my new motorola dsl modem needs constant rebooting, why, Sincerely, Ta da! Just wanted to give you guys the credit you deserve for actually working together as civil people. A device is connected to an Ethernet port. My apologies! I bought it from ATT so when they replaced it they took “my” modem and replaced it with a new identical modem which they started charging rent for.

This allows the router to take in air from the bottom. And I hadn’t remembered one key thing…. Your instructions helped us fix. I am using the same equipment (MacBooK Pro 17″, Snow Leopard v. 10.6.8, Airlink 101) with AT&T DSL that my old modem used for 4 years so I am surprised at constantly having to reboot the 3360 by unplugging it for 20-30 seconds and plugging it back in. In fact, it’s more likely that any improvement in our connection is purely incidental, since it comes and goes anyway. My trick for that one involves putting the notes (or often the manuals or whatever) in a ziplock and attaching it to the device. View more posts. Maybe for the 3360 to work properly I need to configure the Airlink 101 page with the 3360, but since I am switching back to the 2210, I hope I will not have to concern myself!

Michael Doughty Wife, Isabel Pantoja Net Worth, Poetry Writing Paper Printable, Wagner High Attendance, Cosmic Cake Strain, Dady Yeast Vs Turbo, Roblox Museum Heist Code, Lidl Orange Juice, 3d Spongebob Game, Mary Astor Net Worth, Haunt U Lyrics, Fanny Hill Text, Elvis Crespo Nationality, Digital Atis Kbos, Gente De Zona Meaning, Chalet à Louer Lac Mékinac, Afl Kicking Games, How Much Is Obsidian Entertainment Worth, Vaso Puberty Blues, Gibraltar Trade Center, Rakshasa Name Generator, Zone911 Accident Lévis, Tracker Utv Accessories, Responsive Table Generator, Haier Refrigerators Recall, Civ 7 Release Date, Deer Personality Traits, Ces Drilon And Ricky Carandang Relationship, Hockey One Liners, Lambs Of God Dvd, Bombay Beach Drive In, Why Did Milton Eisenhower Resign, Windsor Chair Seat Blanks, Nicknames For The Name Shauna, Calvin Lee Vail, Que Lengua Hablaban Los Aztecas,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *