harris faulkner trump interview transcript

And yet, this wasn’t just one anti-Trumper in the media. Let go and say, oh, let’s start over again, I’m not allowed to have you in a chokehold? You can find her on Twitter at @JuliaElenaMusto. It's used both ways. asked Faulkner. ©2020 FOX News Network, LLC. ", — Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) June 12, 2020.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. "And, the other is: if there's looting, there's going to be shooting. Harris Faulkner on Trump's defense of looting remarks, Juneteenth rally in Tulsa, Lafayette Square visit, criticized for his mistreatment of black and gay communities. And I got it done.”. Time and time again they do it and get away it. Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.

And let’s take a pass on Abraham Lincoln, because he did good, although it’s always questionable, you know, in other words, the end result.”, It was unclear what Trump was referring to when he meant “end result,” but Harris responded, “Well, we are free, Mr. President. Legal Statement.

https://t.co/qjBHlbXNyl, — George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) June 12, 2020, Trump on police chokeholds: "I think the concept of chokeholds sounds so innocent and so perfect." Copyright © 2020 Penske Business Media, LLC. You've successfully subscribed to this newsletter! And people right now wanting for the black community—and not just blacks, but communities of color, people who are disadvantaged in general, I mean, the economy is the great unifier, right?”, Trump responded, “I think I’ve done more for the black community than any other president. “I didn’t get a lot of notoriety. In what was then unprecedented action, Twitter later limited the public's ability to view and share the tweet for "glorifying violence.". You know, we’re talking about toughness and strength. Market data provided by Factset. or redistributed.

"No, It comes from 1967," Faulkner corrected. Here’s Where Things Stand And When More Vote Results Are Expected In The Presidential Race, Joe Biden Takes New Lead In Nevada, Donald Trump Rages; PA & GA Results Narrow As Ex-VP Just 6 Electoral Votes From Presidency, AP Says – Update, Five Top Moments From 24 Hours Of Network Election Coverage – And It’s Not Over, Here’s Where Things Stand & When More Vote Results Are Expected In The Nail-Biter Presidential Race, Christopher Nolan’s ‘Tenet’ Gets Warner Bros Home Video Release Date After Covid-Stunted Theatrical Run, Kristen Bell & Jonathan Groff Star In ‘Molly And The Moon’, Musical Film By ‘HIMYM’ Creators: Hot AFM Package, Cuts 15% Of Global Motion Picture Group, Posts Soft Quarter As Revenue Falls 20%; OTT Subs Grow. "That frightened a lot of people when you tweeted that," she noted. It’s a tough situation. And the fact the people I did it for then go on television and thank everybody but me and they needed me to get it done. “Trump on Fox: ‘I think the concept of chokehold sounds so innocent, so perfect. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. You know, I got to take a pass on a Honest Abe, as we call it.”, Then Faulkner replied, “But you say you say you’ve done more than anybody.”.

But what did Trump actually say? He did pretty well.”, “We are free,” Trump answered. Why does the media think they can get away with this? “Well, you understand what I mean? [crosstalk] So you have to be careful. I mean, I've had it viewed both ways. And, that's not as a threat. In a one-on-one interview with Harris Faulkner, which aired on "Special Report with Bret Baier" Tuesday evening, President Donald J. Trump spoke about what it means to be the "law and order" president. The original quote to which Trump was referring came from Miami Police Chief Walter Headley. According to The Washington Post, Headley's remark has been echoed by other public figures, including former Alabama governor and presidential candidate George Wallace. He was initially a Democrat but changed his party allegiance ahead of his death in 1991. Get all the stories you need-to-know from the most powerful name in news delivered first thing every morning to your inbox.

Others were quick to use the out-of-context quote, too: Your *current* president. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. https://www.distractify.com/p/what-happened-to-harris-faulkner (AP Photo/Matt Rourke). Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. Rizzo was tough on crime during his tenure, but has long been criticized for his mistreatment of black and gay communities in the "City of Brotherly Love. Workers early Wednesday, June 3 removed the statue which was recently defaced during the weekend protest. In an exclusive Fox News interview on race relations and police brutality, President Trump defended his social media-based response to nationwide protests sparked by the death of George Floyd. She asked him, “How does all of that fit into talking with the protesters? “We don’t mind being accused of police brutality," he admitted to reporters. Trump went on to talk about signing criminal justice reform legislation in late 2018. Democratic Mayor Jim Kenney called it “a deplorable monument to racism, bigotry, and police brutality for members of the Black community, the LGBTQ community, and many others.”, In this Saturday, May 30, 2020 photo police stand near a vandalized statue of controversial former Philadelphia Mayor Frank Rizzo in Philadelphia, during protests over the death of George Floyd, who died May 25 after he was restrained by Minneapolis police. All rights reserved. It’s a very, very tricky situation [crosstalk] so the chokehold thing, is good, because… to talk about, because, off the cuff it would sound like, oh, absolutely, but if you’re thinking about it, then you realize, maybe there is a bad fight, and the officer gets somebody in a position that’s a very tough position…, FAULKNER: So, you’re saying that there’s a sliding scale depending on what the circumstances are…. It's uncertain as to whether Rizzo ever uttered the words. And, it's a bad thing. “I think Philadelphia – the mayor of Philadelphia,” Trump said. Was Trump praising chokeholds or defending the practice? This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten,

“So, that’s an expression I’ve heard over the years," Trump replied. Peter Bart: Donald Trump Stole The Reagan Strategy And Slogan, But Failed To Make His Presidency Great Again, Disney Studio Division, Including Searchlight, Hit With Layoffs Hours After ESPN Cuts, Will We Know A Winner Soon? “Do you know where it comes from?” Faulkner interjected. Now, I will say this: As somebody that, you know, you grow up and you and you wrestle and you fight and you this, or you see what happens, sometimes if you’re alone and you’re fighting someone who’s tough, and you get someone in a chokehold, what are you gonna do? During a news conference "declaring war" on criminals, Headley warned that officers would use firearms and police dogs to combat chaos in the streets. Trump told Faulkner he believed Headley's quote means "two very different things. There's very...very different meanings.". I’ve done it. And, you know, you've talked about it but we haven't seen you come out and be that consoler in this instance. All rights reserved. "I was about 18 months old at the time...But it was from the chief of police in Miami. Send us a tip using our annonymous form. It’s easy. Why those words?" Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner’s interview with President Donald Trump aired on Friday, and one of the more puzzling moments came when he talked about what he had done for Black communities. TRUMP: Yeah. Legal Statement. TRUMP: And two of them, I guess, just pretty much started. '” Griffin tweeted, giving the impression that Trump was actually praising or universally condoning chokeholds. On Thursday, President Donald Trump sat down for an interview with Fox News personality Harris Faulkner. What Trump actually said about chokeholds: pic.twitter.com/0oeBpco3tK, — Matt Margolis (@mattmargolis) June 13, 2020. All Rights Reserved. HARRIS FAULKNER: Say no to chokeholds? With that being said, it would be, I think, a very good thing that generally speaking it should be ended. And, it's also used as a threat. TRUMP: Yeah, in the case that we’re talking about you had four people.

Majeure En Soins Préhospitaliers D'urgence Avancés Salaire, Das Boot Season 2 Subtitles, Clever Response To If You Say So, Canada To Australia Time Converter, How To Trace A Call From An Unknown Number, I Don't Wanna Lose Control Song, Tradingview Strong Buy Stocks, Dow Jones Ytd Return 2020, Dear My Friend, Redlands Grill Happy Hour, Grateful Dead Icons, Low Amh Levels, Top 10 Sda Preachers, 120v To 24v Transformer Wiring Diagram, Free Texas Inmate Mugshots, General Santander Y Felisa, Las Vegas Shows Cancelled, According To The Article Which Factor Has The Greatest Impact On Voter Turnout Quizlet, Joyce Polycarp Age, Massachusetts State Police Scanner Frequencies, Jennifer Ehle And Husband, Lovecraft Public Domain 2019, Timberland Glasses Replacement Parts, Alvar Aalto Suitcase, Bdo Grunt Location, Savage Super Choke, Rig Locator Louisiana, Who Owns Boohoo, Junior Afolabi Salokun Height, Words That Start With Short I Sound, Martyrs Remake Ending, Corsair Psu Pinout, Bongo Jeans Size Chart, Taylor Fritz Family, Instant Meshes Tutorial, Kim Peek Documentary, How Much Cesar Dog Food To Feed, What Bad Things Did Vespasian Do, Grsd_yamanashi Assetto Corsa, Sherins Beauty Age, Advanced Fingerpicking Songs, Why I Want To Be A Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Essay, Apellido Hernández Abreviado, Top Fuel Dragster Transmission, Dayz Livonia Map Helicopter Crash, Michael Lonsdale Family, Trail Of Painted Ponies Value, Lotus Elan Plus 2 Wheels For Sale, Michael Lonsdale Family, David Burton Army Wives, Alexis Gale Parents, Wbcq Program Schedule, Renee Erickson Recipes, 55 Gallon Drum Weight Full, Ika Hawaiian Meaning, Marthe Bernard Measurements, Milwaukee Enrollment Services On 12th And Vliet Phone Number, Zay Name Meaning In Islam, Jojo Theme But The Good Part, Cypher 9anime Not Working, Toy Hauler For Polaris Ranger 900, Destiny Vex Fanfiction, Pocket Boxer Puppies For Sale, Toy Hauler That Fits A Rzr 4, Tag Bertuzzi Dad, Fallout 76 Duchess Guards, Dry Mouth After Eating Salty Foods, Prego Carluke Takeaway Menu, Sanwu Laser For Sale,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *