2014 chevy captiva radio problems

Sometimes car will not start and I have to bang the fuse box to get a connection.

I also have to try multiple times to start the car, and the key has to be released manually.

Please if anyone had these problems and solved them, let me know. The failure mileage was approximately 25,000. I bought this car from the dealer in 2014 with 12K miles on it, always serviced the vehicle, changed the oil regularly, inspected yearly, preventive maintenance every 6 months. The worst complaints are accessories - interior, engine, and electrical problems. This page serves to compile and gather information surrounding issues experienced with your Chevrolet Captiva. Sometimes lights flash and car locks and unlocks by itself. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the negative battery cable was defective and needed to be replaced. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Privacy | Terms of Service | Website Disclaimer | Terms of Sale & Return Policy. You shouldn’t be trying to solve this issue. Key ignition doesn�T work have hard time trying get car to start. While I will put a date, know that this is happened multiple times over the last year. When turning the high beam headlamps on, the radio turns off. There are really two main ways that a vehicle will not start. Vehicle is stationary and in park. Next, I had turned down a side road about to drive over a speed bump, when the car slipped out of 1st gear only allowing the motor to rev, and it just rolled while the inside and outside lights blinked and flickered and the doors unlocked themselves. Same car , same problems , except ours wont start at all now. I had to have the timing chain replaced, but as they looked it over they said the engine needed replaced, due to oil leaking.

After playing with the car, trying to jump it, I lost home and was reaching to take my badge out from between the seats. P0420 issue.

https://www.startmycar.com/chevrolet/captiva/problems/electrical-system. This has happened several times and today was just ridiculous. The key will not come out of the ignition, we have had to wiggle the battery cable or take out of park before the car will release the key. The ignition system would not release the key or recognize that the vehicle was in the park position. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. I regularly change my oil, but didn't realize how much oil this engine goes through in addition to regular oil changes. Now this week my trunk will not open, both front head lights burnt out, my traction control keeps turning on/off, my speakers are popping, radio is cutting in/out. Doors lock and unlock repeatedly. Key release lever on steering column does not release the key when this happens, nor does turning the steering wheel to unlock it. A couple weeks before it was very cold close to 4 degrees and while I was driving into work at 6am I heard a loud sound while at a red light, it sounded like a gun shot. Libertyville Chevrolet (1001 S milwaukee ave, libertyville, il 60048, (847) 932-3170) and the manufacturer both stated that the vehicle was not included in a recall. The radio will indicate loss Adding or Removing SiriusXM Pandora Internet Radio of HD signal by displaying No HD Categories ® Pandora Signal. See the Back button — blue bar at the very top of the page — to explore more. Check your mass air flow sensor at your air box. The vehicle had not been repaired. But to find out my mechanic said that was the engine frozen and popped.

You’re welcome. Hope your problem can be solved in an electrical workshop.

Which is the harness you are talking about, MALINDA? This can take several hours before being able to travel or utilize the vehicle. Radio problems. . Why does a 2008 Chevy Captiva 3.2 LTZ make a knocking noise when going over even a small bump and is it connected to the fact that the steering wheel is very hard to turn when the vehicle is not moving? The failure mileage was approximately 54,000. It is the harness that goes from the battery to the computer, and is like plastic tube that protects the wires so that there are no short circuits. Once I took my foot off of the gas and allowed the car to roll a few minutes, it engaged back into drive and my uber rider asked me what was wrong, and I explained, that im having electrical issues and this is not only putting me and my wife in danger, but all of my uber passengers as well. Either fix it or replace the harness and your problems will disappear. Needing some help trying to figure out what is wrong with the wiring on my 2014 Chevy Captiva. I was driving on the highway and turned on my turn signal and the car shut down.

The contact researched the repairs as costing anywhere from $600 to $1,100. .

The ignition switch on my 2014 Chevy Captiva gets stuck and it does not allow the key to be removed when turning it off when stationary. Hope it helps you. I turned the key back thinking I had a bad crank and then tried to start it up again, there was no lights or anything. The NHTSA is the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety.

Home › Forums › Stay Dirty Lounge › Service and Repair Questions Answered Here › 2014 Chevy Captiva Odd wiring issue. Around two months ago, I started having problems with my Captiva. However, when the switch is unable to be removed it is a sensory issue, the vehicle key is also able to come out while on drive. The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Captiva. Check the battery harness, which might be having a false contact. While driving all electrical will go off and car will stop then after trying few times will restart. Hope your problem can be solved in an electrical workshop.” Comment. I assumed it was coming from a nearby neighborhood.

Car Video System Chevrolet 2015 Captiva Sport Owner's Manual, Car Video System Chevrolet MyLink User Manual, Car Video System Chevrolet camaro Owner's Manual, Car Video System Chevrolet Malibu 2013 Owner's Manual, Car Video System Chevrolet Camaro 2018 Manual, Car Video System Chevrolet CORVETTE Manual, Car Video System Chevrolet mylink User Manual, Car Video System Chevrolet MyLink Installation Instructions Manual, Car Video System Chevrolet Camaro MyLink Infotainment System 2017 Manual, Car Video System Chevrolet Corvette 2016 Manual, Car Video System Chevrolet 2015 City Express Owner's Manual, Car Video System Chevrolet corvette 2015 Details Book, Car Video System Chevrolet Corvette 2020 Owner's Manual, Car Video System Chevrolet Acadia 2013 User Manual, Page 86: Trademarks And License Agreements. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Chevrolet Captiva 2011 90 miles. The failure mileage was 60,000. Engine starts for 2 seconds and stops . You need to take it to an electrician and ask him to check the battery harness that leads to the computer, which usually has a bad contact. I take it in for regular maintenance. Sensor was replaced last week, light went out; my engine light is back on. Put the key in the ignition, car wouldn�T turn on and the key wouldn�T come out the ignition. The contact stated that the key ceased in the ignition. He said when its cold that happens to this engine. The dealer quoted that the repairs would cost $600 minimum.

Within the past (9) serpentine belt came completely off, power steering pump had to be replaced, engine completely died electrical system needed to be repaired. I was lucky I wasn�T killed. I would have to mess with the battery connections to get the car to start or hit the fuse box. Most of this type of vans have that manufacturing problem you are mentioning, but it is easy to solve it. Inside that tube, there are lots of wires of different colours. . Check out our Chevrolet Captiva overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Captiva. The contact stated that the vehicle's key would intermittently become stuck in the on position inside the ignition switch. Related problems: Battery (3) Dashboard (1) Won't start (1) Top problems.

We earn on qualifying purchases from this website through Amazon Associates and other Affiliate Programs. We don't sell/share your email. Follow us on Facebook, Lights failure and traction control system, Window washer motor comes on when head lights are switched on. I am stuck dealing with the problems and I am at the point where I just want to fix it my self. When turning the high beam headlamps on, the radio turns off. Hope this gets your car back on the road ASAP. The contact stated that while attempting to start the vehicle, the vehicle failed to start. Message comes across to service stabilitrak and traction control. This is an annoying issue as there doesn't seem to be any reliable fix for this, or any recall, or knowledge on the part of the dealership as to how to remedy this. The dealer (bay ridge Chevrolet 1575 86th St, brooklyn, NY 11228 (833) 452-1829) was contacted and informed of the failure.

Final Drive and sun drive gear. Subscribe Today & Become A Member of the ETCG Community.

I daily drive this to and from school and occasionally a night out to dinner.

Steering Column When unlocking or locking the vehicle or switching on the head lights the window washer motor comes on. This vehicle has many other unsatisfactory issues and is very poorly made in general. There are many complaints on-line regarding this issue so this is not an isolated problem.

Unforked Promo Code, How Long Does It Take For A Priest To Be Laicized, Jack Frost Cbg Seeds, Glossier Logo Font, Pennsylvania Railroad Doodlebug Disaster 1940, Jaguar Cub For Sale, Digital Atis Kbos, Tim Drake Time Travel Fanfiction, Patterdale Terrier For Sale California, Or Nah Topic, Electricity Games For Kids, Teaching Textbooks Algebra 1 Course Description, 2019 Waps Cutoff Scores, White Tiger Moth, Thai Airways Kathmandu Crash, Browns Camp Avenza Map, Kensi Blye Real Name, Pamela Firestone Wikipedia, 91st Brigade Psalm 91, Mazzi Wheels Review, Donatos Cauliflower Pizza Review, Are Tarantulas Mammals, Asmedia Driver Update, Tim Wilson Death Cause, Daniel Miranda Age, Daniel 10 Commentary Spurgeon, Rap Songs About Depression, Torker Bmx Cruiser, Cow And Plow Treaty 8 2020, Kentucky Unemployment Filing Schedule, Marianne Season 2 Cancelled Why, Funny Llama Pun Names, Collie Cross Spaniel, 28 Nosler For Moose, Cricket In The Road Short Story Pdf, Loves Me, Loves Me Not Flower Yoshi, Wadakan Kombu Tsuyu, Asml Job Grade 10, Isaac Kragten Religion, Yale Med School Essay, Ron Dixon Net Worth, The Pretty Smart Food Co Discount Code, Black Thoughts Wife, When Is Wearing A Seatbelt In A Passenger Vehicle Required By Law Quizlet, Metamorphic Force Sprites, I Will Not Lose Jay Z Lyrics, Cured: A Stung Novel Pdf, Ji Chang Wook Height, Budgie Egg Hatching Chart, Signs Of Loki, Rachel Sibner Instagram, Patek Philippe Geneve Complication 750 Ref 39701w Stainless Perpetual, Lisa Lerer Wikipedia, Rottweiler Mastiff Puppies, Florida Female Rappers, King Crimson Alternate Universe Jorge Joestar, Andrea Covell Blind, Jay Shetty Eye Surgery, Ds3 Dlc Bosses, Red Foley Family Tree, Living In Guisborough, Dr Amy Edwards, Elmer Fudd Ringtone, Good Bye, Lenin Streaming Vostfr Gratuit, Pretty Little Thing Promo Code Honey, Molly Qerim Parents, Fire Emblem: Genealogy Of The Holy War Rom Hack, Chris Ramsay Penn And Teller, Doc Hammer Net Worth, Teardrop Tattoo By Mouth, Anzac River Bc, Journal Now Obituaries, Doom Slayers Collection Trophy Guide, Beowulf Loyalty Essay, Portage Learning Online Test Answers, Are Aidan Turner And Caitlin Fitzgerald Still Together,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *