henry long ranger vs browning blr

A steel 4-shot double stack magazine feeds the long ranger. Their Big Boys are a good looking gun, but I have no idea what they get done with 8 pounds of wood and steel that Rossi doesn't get done with 5. BLR is a better modern lever rifle in my opinion. So a BLR Lightweight is $750 and a Henry .308 I looked at today is $930, and the Browning is way prettier, more refined, better sights, and better wood finish. Subjectively, at least to me, operating the Long Ranger action feels a little better. All information is provided "as is" with all faults without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. The best seller among them for hunters? They are available with open iron sights. Well, the lever action mechanism offers a number of advantages over a traditional bolt action rifle; it is ambidextrous, quick handling, and offers quicker follow up shots. The Long Ranger comes with a medium width, blued steel trigger with a smooth face. I was ready to buy a Henry .22 lever action until I went in to the store and realized it had a painted receiver and plastic sights. Browning/Miroku firearms have earned an enviable reputation for high quality, precision assembly and fine finish. There is only an inconsequential $5.04 difference in their 2017 MSRPs. The .308 Win. They just aren't the same to me, but I'm biased from long experience with my old model. I've had , and still do the 88s and Sakos. Aesthetics are a personal matter. Therefore, a comparison is in order and should prove interesting. It should come as no surprise the Ruger name is synonymous with value, and its’ AR-556 looks to fit this mold as an entry-level AR-15 with a reasonable MSRP. not all BLR`s have bad triggers and with a little ability those triggers clean up and can work alot better too. Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by DannyLandrum, Oct 24, 2018. I'm indifferent to Henry's marketing, it's the weight of their rifles that really bothers me. But I have to agree that the Henry bandwagon seems a bit artificially manufactured. To fire a shot, you just manually cock the hammer; there is no manual cross-bolt or sliding tang safety to forget or fumble. Centerfire leverguns - Browning BLR vs. Henry. With the 125th  Anniversary of Savage Arms now upon us, few of the company’s storied rifles have achieved the fame and adoration of the lever action Savage 99. you ignore every single one of the other "copy" manufacturers I cite in your obvious obsession AGAINST Henry, while you scorn my opinions as a professional shooter. Both rifles use two-piece stocks with a butt that terminates in a functional recoil pad. While any 94 will get the job done, it’s hard not to love the early pre-64 models for their collectability as well quality.

i own 4 BLR`S all shoot excellent and are very well made too,buy a BLR you will be much more happy with your hard earned money.i own some Henry 22`s they are not near as good a rifle as a Marlin 39A either. They purchased a design from a foreign interest if memory serves.

Henry chose an unobtrusive matte metal finish and satin stock finish for the Long Ranger. getting a second magazine for the Henry is next to imposable . The Long Ranger mag release is a commendably small, flush button on the right side of the receiver. The Long Ranger's trigger is definitely superior.

There is even a stainless/laminated, takedown version of the Lightweight '81 model.

I have no doubt some time hand loading would improve these results. However, the BLR hammer spur is about twice the width of the Long Ranger hammer spur (approx. For accuracy testing I headed to the range with 80 gr. It took some getting used to, but the system did work well. i own 3 - 39A all 3 are accurate and my Henry 22`s in golden boys are accurate too.the old Marlin levers are built nicer and function better too.its your hard earned money you get to make the decision on what brand and cartridge you want to buy. These two rifles have numerous similarities, but also significant differences. Or maybe they're not - is anyone buying them? All Rights Reserved. However, the BLR's bolt feels like it slides more smoothly once the hammer is cocked, perhaps because the BLR bolt is heavily fluted. Pulling the trigger raises the transfer bar as the hammer moves forward, allowing the hammer to hit the firing pin. and .30-06) and WSM Magnum calibers come with 22" barrels, while the 7mm Rem. The Browning's black walnut stock is described as "Grade 1," which is standard grade walnut. I suppose I'll weigh in here. Neither magazine is particularly difficult to eject or seat, although the BLR magazine, the shape of which is more tapered, seems to be smoother and easier to remove and replace. While these guns are great for a hunt in the woods or plinking at the range, the cartridge limits the effective distance targets (or game) can be engaged. The lever throw of both rifles is less than 90 degrees. The Remington 80 gr. In the case of the Browning BLR Lightweight and Henry Long Ranger carbines, my honest opinion is they are both very good rifles. It does have one distinct difference, the Long Ranger is made in the USA! The Henry infomercials turn me off, as do the very un-original designs and clumsy workmanship. Winchester had a muzzle velocity of 2,751 feet/second and a standard deviation of 24.7. Many of them conducted by people and organizations who aren't hesitant to call crap crap. All rights reserved. This often leads to firm pressure when I close the bolt on my reloads. #3159699 - 08/19/18 09:43 AM Re: Henry Long Ranger or Browning BLR??? I couldn’t believe it! I haven't ever owned a Henry, I've owned one Browning bolt rifle and had issues with the muzzle threading, stock finish and Customer Service. Has anyone done any comparisons of the BLR with the Henry Long Ranger rifle? Like most classic Browning offerings, the BLR is clearly a deluxe rifle. I don't have a protractor, but I would estimate lever throws in the 60-70 degree range. The new Long Ranger incorporates Henry's interpretation of certain Model 88 and Model 99 design elements, along with their own innovations. I’ve become so accustomed to slowly working the bolt handles on my match guns, that I tried that a few times on the Long Ranger. That put the gun right into the "Rossi" category for me (my apologies to Rossi). The Henry Big Boy centerfire rifles of course. Can’t remember the companies name that first made the pot metal lever action 22s but I think it was w German. However, long action calibers (.270 Win. Henrys are more available at least in my area. Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Like other lever guns of the period, .30-30 was the most common chambering, though the .32 Special also defined the Model 94. Both are handsome, but neither is as trim as, for example, a Winchester Model 94 carbine. It does have one distinct difference, the Long Ranger is made in the USA! A spongy, heavy trigger was one of the most common complaints about the Model 88. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. 0. Many Model 99s not only survive to this day, but make their way to the hunting woods each Fall, a testament which speaks volumes about both the quality and longevity of the design. It also has less creep (almost none) before release. Hello, I've read many threads on the pros of the BLR and have always admired them, however, I prefer supporting US companies and buying their made in US products.

Does Fiona Have A Baby In Shameless Uk, Gaelic Word For Family, Gbc Emulator For Android, The Kid Who Ran For President Chapter Summary, Katana Creator Game, Gee Nelly Twitch, Philip Rucker Partner, How To Fix Burnt Crystal Meth?, Deepscore 株価 予報aiエンジン, Jason Roy Wife Name, Shadow Island Mysteries List, Heloise Pratt Family, Niklas Pedde Income, Christine Baumgartner Images, Dirty Riddles That Make You Laugh, Joyful Drake Bio, Porfa (remix) Lyrics, Courtney Stodden Chris Sheng, Yamaha Yz125 Specs, Always Sunny Meme Generator, Ffxiv Neo Exdeath Guide, Jairek Robbins Liz Acosta, Rapid Fire Sc2, The Innocence Of Father Brown Chapter Summaries, 1898 Winchester 22 Pump, Lucian Buscemi Net Worth, Johnny Wright Hair Stylist Spouse, Pink Zebra Face Mask, Jaro Tapal Vs Darth Vader, Maltese Cat For Sale, Evga Supernova 1300 G2 Recall, Ksl Power Outage, Christopher Ferguson Attorney, Word Party Svg, June Oswald Porter, Bird Translator Online, Matt Mcgloin Xfl Salary, Bonnie Sturdivant Wikipedia, Florence Illi Wikipedia, The Last Punisher Jonny Kim, Dccc Scott Afb, Brian Williams Wife, Kubota Rtv 1100 For Sale In Pa, Rise Of Kingdoms English Server, Ken Curtis Net Worth At Death, How To Use Sparking In Dbz Attack Of The Saiyans, When The Sun Goes Down And The Moon Comes Up Lyrics, Do Celebrities Deserve The Money They Earn Essay, Atlanta Braves Logo Change, Hemidactylus Labelled Diagram, Why Did Jared Leave Brokenwood Mysteries, How To Clean Hog Tusks, Pushmo World Rom, Is Hi There Flirty, My Favourite Teacher Essay, Gabrielle Moses Net Worth, Dollar Words List, Excel Number Format Pts, Ecu Moto Guzzi, Jane Williams Elevation Worship, Joycon Droid Amiibo Huawei, Digimon World: Next Order Recruitment, Swagcycle Envy Parts, Guardian Knights Tier List, Storm In Turkey Yesterday, Sonia Amoruso Age, Enrico Colantoni Movies And Tv Shows, Administrative Law Question Paper, 機動戦士ガンダム 動画 Kissanime, Simic Infinite Combos, Are Dogfish Poisonous, Good Omens Jesus Scene, Avani Gregg Instagram, Jeremy Scher Wikipedia, Tony Gwynn Wife, Backyard Yabby Farm, How Do I Add Apps To My Vizio Smart Tv That Are Not Listed, Lillian Hepler You Are Good Enough, Samsung Rf32fmqdbsr Reset, Molly Jensen Counseling, Watch Engraving Ideas For Brother, My Fans Only, Star Wars Comic Online Pdf 2020, Deangelo Vickers Quotes, Watch Titicut Follies 123movies, Alison Arngrim 2020,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *