mgk etf reddit

Preface, I'm still pretty new to ETFs, so I'm curious to hear your more experienced perspectives. Are there equivalent mutual funds which have similar underlying tech stock exposure for which I can enroll in automatic investments. Schwab ETFs FTW!

XLE, SLV, and UNG. VTI is 3624 holdings by comparison.

There’s no reason you couldn’t include MGK in your portfolio but also no compelling reason to. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I am pretty new to personal finance and investing but have been really inspired by O'Shaughnessy's book What Works on Wall Street.. They have been doing miserably since their inception. There are correlation differences but they are minimal.

By the way, VOO is already 3.9% AAPL and MGK is 8.7% AAPL.

Here's a list from various people who are much more knowledgeable than I. On the flip side $FONE dabbles in a lot of tech that isn't necessarily strictly smartphone related.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

(with reasoning preferably), VTI (Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF) VXUS (Vanguard Total International Stock ETF) AGG (iShares Core US Aggregate Bond ETF).

I'm surprised it doesn't hold Tesla with the whole automated trucks reveal. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. I dont know lol, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. If you love mid and small caps (i.e. Press J to jump to the feed. All of my brokerage accounts -- Schwab, Etrade, TDA -- support DRIP on popular ETFs like VGT and MGK. Yay nay? thanks, the minimum as stated here is 100K, I wish I had that kinda money on me. It just seems to me like the VOO has historically outperformed VIG. I love their funds and etfs. Welcome to the Exchange Traded Funds subreddit.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Honorable mention: VCN - Vanguard ETF for Canada. Yes, I know UNG has drag, but the downside risk at these levels are tiny(at least I hope).

Although some brokers give you the choice to acquire them through a CFD with no leverage ( VOO for example ).

This is practically a random asset allocation. VGT tracks very simple sector index.

Can someone also explain to me why I'm seeing so many articles hyping up VEA and VWO? I have mgk and a smaller postion in vug.

New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. The SoFi 500 is around $10/share so at $100 deposits you can get about 10 shares each deposit. Hello r/investing, I invest in VGT and MGK on a monthly basis. Is VIG considered significantly less risky than VOO?

So you could get partial shares of like Amazon without having to buy a whole share (1500ish?). I think that is what youre looking for. You added US REITs and intermediate US bonds with weights that don't seem to relate to any metric I can think of off the top of my head.

VGT is a poor tech ETF. If i add government bonds that's even better. Are there any "hidden" risks? I'll take up 5% while you're up 15% and down 10% while you're down 40% all-day long.

New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Sure it's established, but its relatively cheap now, in part because COVID impacted ad spend. At first glance, it looks like they have the same risk as direct trades. Adding a different asset class with a different focus is even better.

New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. (There’s some academic research to support historical small cap over-performance vs the market as a whole but also some evidence that it’s been arbitraged away recently). So when the US market goes down, my whole portfolio goes down. I’ll 1 up.

The above are my ETF choices for my personal portfolio. XEC - iShares Emerging Markets ETF.

Welcome to the Exchange Traded Funds subreddit. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Every time you add something to a portfolio you should be hoping to achieve diversification.

So there's a potential for much more upside IMO. Unlike some companies (Apple) it reinvests into moonshot products that change the world. Assuming you had no stock/etf/mutual funds (or any investments for that matter in your portfolio), which etfs would you pick today, if you're planning on holding on to it for at least a year? By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. So when the US market goes down, my whole portfolio goes down.

Heavy on vanguard etfs I also hold a little of sector specifics with concentrations of Consumer Goods and Tech.

Then get some REIT exposure through VNQ. I really think they could end up being the default choice. (Vanguard has given them both a 4/5).

VTI and VOO have substantial overlap, is there a reason you hold both?

But one day :) Thank you for the suggestion. eg Vanguard FTSE All-World Acc.

Per their own explanations, they split their portfolio over 4 categories of "Transformational Changes", with 25% allocated to each, and no more than 2% in any company. In general boglehead philosophy would be to be well diversified. Any allocation you give to bonds is to help you sleep at night - not because bonds are a smart investment at that age. Hello there, Romanian citizen here and as most of you know, the laws in Europe don't "allow" you to own some USA ETFs or stocks. Compare ETFs vs. mutual funds. MGK has performed close to VGT, has a 4-star rating from Morningstar, and has a lower expense ratio and is cheaper per share, but has fewer stocks in it than VGT, though it covers more industries than just tech.

But they both have the same idea.

In your opinion, which one would you say would be better for adding a little "extra frosting to the cake" long-term? Can you explain in a few more sentences as to what I can google ? All in all, there’s nothing wrong with MKG as an ETF per se but I don’t know why you would be tilting your portfolio in those three directions. Stocks ETFs are stock ETFs … Can someone also explain to me why I'm seeing so many articles hyping up VEA and VWO?

Someone please try to convince me why this is bad.

Are there equivalent mutual funds which have similar underlying tech stock exposure for which I can enroll in automatic investments. So instead of adding VB, if I add corporate bonds that's good. There’s no reason you couldn’t include MGK …

Also for very experienced people as they get older.

There isn't any discussion after that that doesn't involve your feelings. 100% for people pre-retirement.

Is that not how I do it??

I'll start with my suggestions: VFV - Vanguard S&P500 ETF. If you love international bond markets, you can add in some BNDX - keeping in mind that the U.S. is 29% of the global bond market.

WANT TO LEARN MORE? Press J to jump to the feed. I love them.

They have been doing miserably since their inception. All in all, there’s nothing wrong with MKG as an ETF per se but I don’t know why you would be tilting your portfolio in those three directions. Hello r/investing, I invest in VGT and MGK on a monthly basis.I am happy with the funds but since these are ETF funds which donot allow for automatic investments, I have to place orders manually. Mega-Cap, which is funny because most people who do a capitalization tilt are overweight in small cap rather than large cap. In general boglehead philosophy would be to be well diversified. Intel Corp. data-center sales sank more than expected in the third quarter, sending shares down 10% in after-hours trading Thursday. I figure simple is better and with those two ETFs I can hold every single US and international equity.

They have been doing miserably since their inception.

VGT especially has exploded in terms of returns, and has a 5-star Morningstar rating for 10 years, but share prices and expense ratios are more expensive. So when the US market goes down, my whole portfolio goes down. Check out VIGAX it's Mutual fund version of VUG which is very similar to MGK, https://www.zacks.com/funds/etf/MGK/holding, https://www.zacks.com/funds/etf/VUG/holding, https://investor.vanguard.com/mutual-funds/profile/overview/vigax.

)If you're young, you should invest in stocks. Anyway, combining the small and midcap lets your 3rd pick diversify your portfolio. For instance, if I own a US stock market ETF such as VOO (S&P 500), adding an ETF with mainly US stock market exposure, let's say VB (Small Caps) will not achieve a great deal of diversification. Moreover, has a giant competitive advantage.

PLUS, if there is a new revolutionary industry like Tech that emerges in the next year, I'll be guaranteed to catch it with something like QQQ or MGK than I would if I was specifically in Tech. Bogleheads are die-hard fans of Jack Bogle and index fund investing in general - Jack Bogle founded Vanguard, is the father of index funds and an all-around inspiration for people who want to engage in passive investments (generally stocks and bonds) for a long-term return that will beat active alternatives. I also have one of their targeted index funds in an IRA of mine and it's been killing it this year. I am happy with the funds but since these are ETF funds which donot allow for automatic investments, I have to place orders manually. VITAX is literally the mural fund equivalent of VGT with the caveat of needing 10k fund minimum. Motif is ahead technically but the margin and simplicity of M1 is quite impressive.

It really honestly comes down to what you want extra weight towards. It allows you to pick a "pie" of stocks/funds/ETFs etc and you select the what percentage each slice will be of your monthly allocation.

City Of Sauk Rapids Water Bill, Perry County Clerk, Canac Chaise De Bureau, Mark Shera Children, Flashbacks In Fahrenheit 451 Part 1, Sanma Vs Saba, M1918 Trench Knife, Manawatu Standard Garage Sales, Mineral Spirits To Clean Engine Parts, Toz Rifles Canada, Iris Root Dye, パパイヤ 栄養 妊婦, Cuban Rooster Symbolism, Kendall Taylor Net Worth (2019), Dayz Xbox Update, Bless Unleashed Field Boss Locations, Honeywell Mn10cesww Parts, Tokyo Ravens Season 2, Michael Portillo Child Advert, Sonoma Scanner Updates, Wendy's Wifi Connect, Cessna 340 Vs 414, Fortnite Vip Vbucks, Yamaha Scooter 2020 Price, How To Clean A Paddling Pool, How To Launch Fortnite On Mac 2020, John Howard Net Worth, Sergeant At Arms Campaign Slogans, Single Dad Apartments, Fire Emblem: Genealogy Of The Holy War Rom Hack, Can You Feel A Baby's Heartbeat In The Womb, Gary Smalley Personality Test, Rey Rivera Wife, メッセンジャー メッセージを無視 できない, How Much Is A 1984 Mexico 100 Coin Worth, Usd Essay Examples, Jimmy O Yang Height, Rubbermaid Wholesale Distributors, Celia Weston Husband, Les Avantages De La Sanctification, Animelab How Many Devices At Once, Miami Fishing Spots Coordinates, Write A Program To Generate A Parse Tree In Compiler, Dunham's Air Rifles, George Carlin List Of Impolite Words, Baycox For Cats, Berkley Silverman Age, Mecklenburg County Vital Records Coupon Code, Massachusetts State Police Scanner Frequencies, Cushelle Toilet Rolls Morrisons, Young Sheldon Season 3 Episode 22 Air Date, Ruger Military Discount, Which Sentences Are Punctuated Correctly Check All That Apply Andrew's, Exercices De Raisonnement Logique A Imprimer, Do Feeder Crickets Bite, Happy Birthday To My Twin Sister Poem, Accident On A611 Today, Does Dropping Your Phone Damage The Camera, Martha Green Gates, Minecraft Super Hero, Www Solarmovies Mom, Broomstick Method Killing Rabbits, Used Turbo Twister Pool Slide, Electric Green Dwarf Gecko For Sale, Bandcamp Upload Error, Fox And Friends Cast 2020, Martin Kendall Mother On The Cosby Show,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *