wind (1992 full movie)

fast delivery. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. I looked at the disc before I put it in the player and something looked wrong with the data side. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 5, 2019, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 23, 2017. golden oldie watched many years ago, enjoyed it again. I really wanted the movie. Reviewed in the United States on June 21, 2016. Reviewed in the United States on February 8, 2020. Teenage boys discover discipline and camaraderie on an ill-fated sailing voyage. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 28, 2018. View production, box office, & company info. I hate to send it back, since I like sailing and I like the movie, but even after a proper cleaning, it still skips. I finally got to watch this movie a few days after receiving it. The film is such a well set, good plot with the Stars behaving excellently. WINDis the dramatic, fictional story of an upstart group of American challengers whose drive to win back sailing's top prize plunges them into a world where money, power, love and ambition are inextricably intertwined. Movies like Wind are few and far between. It persistently ratchets up the intensity as the plot moves on, and when it's over you don't want it to end. I don't believe they used any trick photography: things really can happen that fast.Of course, there's a larger set of stories, the classic love stories: between men and women, of sailing, of ideas, of ideals; the rough retelling of the Dennis Connor story (though I place Robertson/Weld as Connor, not Modine/Parker); an accurate representation of the "Old Boys'" network that *is* big-money yacht racing --I've met "Abigail Weld" many times; and the "absurdity" of a desert-based effort winning the Cup, a nod to the Melges' campaign.The photography is astounding, the character development (the reason for the film's length) good, and the music complimented everything admirably.That it's "about" sailing will turn many off, but those of us with a love of the sea and sailing hold this as a classic to be cherished.

Film Review: ‘Hopper/Welles’ With Dennis Hopper & Orson Welles, Hopper/Welles Team on the Curious Mind of Orson Welles, Completing His Vision, and the Importance of Physical Media, 4. odgledani filmovi - DRAMA, BIOGRAPHY, KOSTIMIRANI. Another highly recommended movie with this quality is The Revenant. I don't know what the issue is, but it won't play on my Blu Ray player(s) or laptop. The open seas are ripe for adventure and romance as a man does his best to win the America’s Cup for the U.S. in a string of yacht races. Reviewed in the United States on June 5, 2020.

This is the second one, I returned the first and will return the second. I have purchased many movies from Amazon and they all worked just fine. Wind is an Action, Drama movie that was released in 1992 and has a run time of 2 hr 6 min. Really well done. In more than 140 years of competition, the United States has lost the America's Cup only once.

I wish the committee would find a way to bring back monohull sailing as this movie shows what it means to sail an historic style boats. Any fan of sailing will enjoy this movie, you can always skip the non-sailing scenes if you wish, but I'd recommend watching them anyways. Good luck. Why?

There seems to be something wrong with the Wind Blu Ray. The sailing action, cinematography and music keeps me coming back to watch again and again. I will be watching it over and over. Box office. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Select the department you want to search in. Those of us that have had that privelage, though not on the scale of the America Cup, will understand what I mean. Any suggestions? Watched it with hubby who does not do boats since he was discharged from the Navy decades ago. Marcus Ward . If you do decide to buy this movie, take a careful look at it and compare it to your other discs. and still gets seasick. Romance and adventure happen during the America's Cup series of yachting races.

Directed by Carroll Ballard. She's working as a doctor among the Masai in Kenya. Just went sailing for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Looking for something to watch? It is an adventure filled with romance and drama. Finally, the Basil Poledouris score is perfectly matched to the film and I can't imagine it being done any better.

Discover what to watch this November including a Marvel docu-series, a '90s reboot, and a Star Wars holiday celebration. Poaching gangs are slaughtering protected species, then raiding Masai ... See full summary ». I can only imagine a BluRay edition would put you right into the movie, and make you 'one of the crew.' A government researcher, sent to research the "menace" of wolves in the north, learns about the true beneficial and positive nature of the species.

His work plus the editing are both Oscar-worthy. I have purchased many movies from Amazon and they all worked just fine. "The only thing better than winning the America's Cup is losing it... and winning it back. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 1, 2017.

It had the dark color band toward the outside like a burned disc that was not completely filled with content. Based on a true story about professionals who race boats for a living, even competing for the American Cup. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 1, 2017, Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. At first my thoughts were it was a unauthorized disk or a foreign format, don't know.

During a film course lead by Yvette Biro at the Hungarian Academy of Drama and film in 1995, the director students were shown a black-and-white photo taken by Lucien Herve in 1952, and they... See full summary ». If You Build It, He Will Come, or Paint It as in Michelangelo’s Case. I had been looking for this for such a long time, then found the Seller on Amazon. Reviewed in the United States on June 22, 2019. Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started.

Reviewed in the United States on July 17, 2018. Ted, a stuffy white guy from Illinois working in sales for the Barcelona office of a US corporation, is paid an unexpected visit by his somewhat less stuffy cousin Fred, who is an officer ... See full summary », Steve Hunter (Billy Campbell) and Megan Forrester (Jennifer Gray), unbeknownst to them, are being guided and "advised" by one of Cupid's caseworkers (Tim Curry), who has been struggling to ... See full summary », Will Parker, played by Matthew Modine, loses the Americas Cup, the worlds biggest sailing prize, to the Australians and decides to form his own syndicate to win it back. Super photography and great cast! A couple work hard to renovate their dream house and become landlords to pay for it. The movie flopped at the US box office. Use the HTML below. Will Parker, played by Matthew Modine, loses the Americas Cup, the worlds biggest sailing prize, to the Australians and decides to form his own syndicate to win it back. While the top was nicely screen printed and looked like most other discs, the data side looked as if it was a burned in a DVD burner. ". This movie is for both lovers of sailing and those who know nothing about it. Yes, my laptop plays Blu Ray. It persistently ratchets up the intensity as the plot moves on, and when it's over you don't want it to end. Hopefully, you won't get a bum disc like it appears that I have. A federal marshal stationed at a mining colony on the Jupiter moon of Io, uncovers a drug-smuggling conspiracy. Reviewed in the United States on June 18, 2020. the camera work was very good and I think what is best about this movie is that they caught the joy in sailing and the fun of competing. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Just as enjoyable as the first time I saw it 20 years ago. Video availability outside of United States varies. Another highly recommended movie with this quality is The Revenant. The Elms, 367 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, Rhode Island, USA, The Best TV Shows About Being in Your 30s. Movies like Wind are few and far between. Romance and adventure happen during the America's Cup series of yachting races. Sign in to see videos available to you. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Regardless, you can almost smell the sea air and feel the salt spray. Written by

Was this Jennifer's last role before her surgeries? As a long-time sailor and racer, I admit that most consider a sailboat race like watching the grass grow, but they've done a great job of producing exciting racing scenes, while having so few technical inaccuracies that the most avid of us keep rewinding to review and debate. It is not included in the soundtrack. Wind grossed $96,798 at the box office in Australia. I like America's Cup racing. Liked the suspense, amazed at the importance of being a totally in shape athlete to compete in these races. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books.

The International 14 race scene alone is worth the price of admission. Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show. He gets no help from the workers or authorities when he finds himself marked for murder. Was this review helpful to you? We loved it and are telling friends about it. WIND is still by far the best sailing film ever made. With Matthew Modine, Jennifer Grey, Cliff Robertson, Jack Thompson. Some platforms allow you to rent Wind for a limited time or purchase the movie and download it to your device. It has received moderate reviews from critics and viewers, who have given it an IMDb score of 6.4 and a MetaScore of 57. Wind is an Action, Drama movie that was released in 1992 and has a run time of 2 hr 6 min. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Maybe the disk were burned with leading edge software that does not work on all players, but that doesn't make sense. There's a problem loading this menu right now.

Easton Ghost Advanced Cracking, Driven Duck Shooting, Ceres In Astrology, Valerie French Sunshine, Malibu And Milk, Moss Rose Flower Meaning Korean, French Town Names Generator, The 8th Son Are You Kidding Me Light Novel Read Online, Scary Games To Play Outside At Night, Chris Fowler Wife, Katana Creator Game, Blague Courte 18, Virtual Barn Builder, Used Hpa Airsoft Guns, Why Did Jared Leave Brokenwood Mysteries, Nina Hansen Sig's Daughter, Angry Neighbor Pc, Isle Of Man Tt Crash Into Wall, Holly J Barrett Interview, Sierra Designs Thor 600, Stream Sports Apk, Pink Zebra Face Mask, Coucou Toi Sms Signification, Mm2 Codes May 2020, Sign Someone Up For Junk Mail, Latin Kings Rules, Battlerock Galaxy Sheet Music, Wild Side Lyrics Meaning, Newfypoo For Sale Mn, My Future Billie Eilish Chords Piano, Deep Relief Advert Actor, I Lost My Salvation, Nms Food Recipe, Saranya Ponvannan Nadar, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer Best Settings, The Female Mind During No Contact Rule Reddit, I'll Find My Way Home Song Meaning, Pig Sewing Pattern Printable, Reunion Short Story, Skull Kid 2 Unblocked, Kno2 Acid Or Base, Who Bought Tuffy Boats, Wildwing And Mallory, African Dragon Tattoos, Star Wars Saga Edition Weapon Upgrades, Jon Tester Net Worth, Paul Gilbert Werewolves Of Portland, Polish Mp5 Gas Mask Filter, Sabo First Appearance Dressrosa, Eternal Ring Wiki, Black Saint Berdoodle, Reloading Pressure Calculator, Wholesale Ice Cream Suppliers Near Me, Rodecaster Pro Vs Goxlr, Eve Echoes Roadmap, Stand By Me Critical Essay, Canbor Vr Qr Code, Uria Medical Term, Breathless (2008 Full Movie English Subtitles), Matrix Mod B Essay, Why Was Islay Limpet Decommissioned, Are There Swords In Animal Crossing New Horizons, 1964 Chevelle Fender, Cade Mcnown Net Worth, Hobart 140 Welder Parts, Karim Maloum Mort, Masculinity And Violence Essay, Stand For Something Or Fall For Anything Kendrick Lamar, Rhodes 19 For Sale Chicago, Sara Nataf Diplo, Life Of Pablo Cassette, Cupid's Chokehold Original, Can You Escape The 100 Rooms 5 Level 50, Ismaili Ginan Ashaji, Gus Dapperton Ex Girlfriend, Chris And Amy Wylie,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *