clst 105 ubc reddit

That's really cool. Reset All.

CLST 105 is mainly about the central stories and characters of Greek and Roman mythology, their sources, their social and historical context, and why we should care. Press J to jump to the feed. User account menu. The online community of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada! The online community of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada! CLST 105.

3. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. 1. how hard can that aspect be? Posted by. 1. (For example, we look at a bit of the Iliad in 211 too, but in a different light: can human beings really be happy? Because myth touched every aspect of ancient life, this course will also shed light on the literature, art, and lived experience of the Greeks and Romans. How? Class Notes for CLST 105 at University of British Columbia (UBC) 89 Results. That is one textbook from first year that I would have loved to keep. log in sign up. Is there a ton of reading and weekly assignments? r/UBC: The online community of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada! CLST (Classical Studies) 105: Greek and Roman Mythology. Close.

Archived. it's a 1xx course. Haven't taken PHIL 211a, but I loved CLST 105. The amazing prof I took it with last year isn't teaching it this year but apparently the other profs are great too. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Class average was 77%.

CLST105. I have not taken any EOSC courses so I can't comment on that particularly, but last year I took CLST 105 and it was by far my favourite course (and I'm a biology major haha). Professor. Study Resources. In a nutshell, I think it depends most on what you're interested in starting with: the ancient stories and characters in their social context, or the overarching Greek world-view and its influence on philosophy & science? Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

it's just contributing to discussions, not necessarily presenting in front of the class. About UBC; Sort by: Most Popular. If this is any help - here's a bit about the approach of the two courses. Posted by. Many courses, particularly upper year, will require discussion groups where participation will be a part of your grade or even require you to make presentations for your class or group. :-) PM me if I can help any more. PHIL 211 is mainly about the ways the ancient Greeks viewed their universe, how the gods of mythology evolved into the basic elements and forces of early philosophy and science, whether myth and science were that different, and how Greek philosophy became an enduring "way of life" with Socrates. It didn't cost anything for me since I borrowed the textbook from a friend, but I wish I hadn't! r/UBC. See you in Sept for phil 211! Close. I have not taken any EOSC courses so I can't comment on that particularly, but last year I took CLST 105 and it was by far my favourite course (and I'm a biology major haha). Chemistry 1 year ago. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Log in. The prof I had isn't teaching this term, but our class average was 66 and I had an 84. I absolutely despite public speaking so I might drop this course depending on how bad it is. All Semesters. Download the best CLST 105 class notes at University of British Columbia to get exam ready in less time!

Can someone who's taken the course before confirm? log in sign up. Cookies help us deliver our Services. That is one textbook from first year that I would have loved to keep. CLST 105 public speaking? Press J to jump to the feed. If you are actually interested in classical myth, hopefully you would feel the same! Homework Help. Class Notes . I'm currently enrolled in CLST 105 as an elective because I can't find a better one to do. I took eosc114 this term and there was only 1 text book with a lot of online material along with it.

University of British Columbia. in a universe where most actions are caused by gods, is there room for human freedom? Is this true? Since this is an elective I was wondering which one would cost less without me compromising too much on my avg%? The same questions go for a universe where the gods have become atoms and void - as some classical Greeks posited: is there room for human happiness & freedom now?). I just read the course syllabus and it says that there is public speaking in the discussions? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts . It was not very challenging IMO as my friends and I crammed the entire course before the final exam, although methods of studying vary from person to person. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Header search input. I've always been interested in Mythology though. The online community of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It looks like CLST was offered four times in 2016 and had a mandatory discussion group component. CLST105 . Press J to jump to the feed.

Clst 105 and Phil 211a both fit my timetable but I am undecided. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. It's not formal public speaking per se, you're just expected to participate in discussions with your discussion groups (~30 people). Livestream. Press J to jump to the feed. r/UBC: The online community of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada! Press J to jump to the feed.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. CLST 105 public speaking? 3. CLST 105 is mainly about the central stories and characters of Greek and Roman mythology, their sources, their social and historical context, and why we should care. It's more likely that the course has a strong participation component via discussion groups than a mandatory presentation however. Classical Studies 105 offers a broad introduction to the vibrant world of Greek and Roman mythology and its influence today. Wow, cool. PHIL 101/102: Introduction to Philosophy I/II: I took both courses and they were alright. r/UBC. (For example, when we read parts of one story, Homer's Iliad, we try to get a handle on the story of the Trojan War, the gods who shape the narrative, why it's a powerful piece of literature, why the Greeks thought Achilles was so cool, and what the portrayal of Helen can tell us about the representation of women in the ancient world).

The evaluation structure and reading load for the two courses is pretty similar: the focus here is on essay writing, but no prior experience is assumed. Honestly, even if you hate public speaking, it's a skill you're going to need throughout your academic career.

Biome And Ecosystem Essay, Frankenstein: Junji Ito Story Collection Online, Bach Invention 8 Difficulty, Hissing Wastes Tombs, Southern Star Bikes, President Of Argentina Son Cosplay, Goblin Zombie 5e, Fiji Rugby Team Players 2020, Aldi Duct Tape, G2 Caps Salary, When A Sagittarius Man Says He Misses You, Freak Show Roblox Id Code, Robert Villa Political Party, Stimwave Cpt Code, Ji Man Choi Age, Michigan Lacrosse Coach Email, Samehada Sword For Sale, Gta Wasted Meme, Aavani Month 2020, Kirkland Signature Ks1 Putter, Wagyu Brangus Cross, My Favourite Teacher Essay, Sagar Sang Kinare Hai, Imagery In Psalm 40, Jolanda Addolori Wikipedia, Tattoo Supplies Sydney, Lego Brick Template Printable, Why You Gotta Do Me Like That Prequel Ad, Mark Rober Website, Thesis Statement For Competitive Sports, Colorado Plateau Fun Facts, Poetry Writing Paper Printable, 41 46 Chevy Truck Forum, Maltese Cat For Sale, How Many Jug Lines In Missouri, Ice Maker Making Large Block Of Ice, Steven Adams Wife, Kartell Replacement Parts, Metro 2033 Redux Ending Glitch, Rivers West Cascade Mountain Jacket Review, Tony Vinciquerra Salary, Ewoks: The Battle For Endor Full Movie Putlockers, Ripley Castle Gin, Gold's Gym Xrs 50 Vs Weider 2980, Diamond Shape With Cross Inside, P5r Persona Weakness, Gennaro Contaldo Daughters, Duck Dog Instagram Captions, Poutine Santé Cuisine Futée, Terada Tr 1012, Jean Taynton Photos, Ball Four Quotes,

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *